• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Analysts Predict Apple's iPhone 6 Lineup Will Attract More Android Users Than Before


    Despite not having launched in China, Apple’s iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus as mentioned earlier got off to a record start with 10 million units sold in three days. Analysts on Wall Street reacted with enthusiasm and expressed their high hopes for this year’s upgrade cycle. Several analysts are increase Apple stock price targets and speculating an upward trend for the company as a whole as a result of the new product launch.

    Michael Walkley of Canaccord Genuity increased his price target on Apple stock from $112 to $115. His team conducted surveys and found that the iPhone 5S remained as one of the top selling smartphones even as hype began to build for the iPhone 6. With the new iPhone 6 lineup boasting larger screens, Walkley believes Samsung will feel the hurt the most from this year’s refresh. He noted that initial surveys indicate a greater number of Android smartphone owners are swapping to the iPhone than they did in previous years.

    Timothy Arcuri of Cowen & Company believe that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will target high-end Android switchers. He continued by noting that this weekend’s record setting launch didn’t include China, while last year’s numbers for the launch of the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C did. There isn’t any word on when the iPhone 6 lineup may debut in China though Arcuri believes Apple “is working feverishly” to resolve the apparent regulatory issues preventing the launch.

    Gene Munster of Piper Jaffray believes that the average selling price for the iPhone will be driven upward due to larger storage capacities and the $100 premium cost of the iPhone 6 Plus. He also believes this could help margins in the December quarter reach roughly above 38%, while most current estimates have speculated a number just under that.

    Maynard Um of Wells Fargo Securities chimed in and stated that if launch sales of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are the same percentage of total sales that the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C hit last year, it would forecast sales of around 37.5 million units for this quarter. He also stated that Apple was better prepared for this year’s launch as the company didn’t sell out anywhere near as fast as last year’s iPhone 5S launch. That being said the iPhone 6 Plus has been constrained with currently estimated devices to ship from Apple’s online store in three to four weeks.

    Analysts are generally expecting to see the Cupertino California company sell a record of 60 million units in the three-month holiday period in the December quarter this year.

    Source: Canaccord Genuity, Cowen & Company, Piper Jaffray, Wells Fargo Securities via AppleInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Analysts Predict Apple's iPhone 6 Lineup Will Attract More Android Users Than Before started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 25 Comments
    1. thumper_net's Avatar
      thumper_net -
      would not think this is true as you have to like ios to move from android
      i myself left the apple camp on my uphone 5 and have a new htc one m8 , which is wat nicer than the uphones , its not hust the screen size apple need to grab android users its a really new ios , not just a system with a few android rips , every uphone looks the same , os on a 2 year old 5 looks the same as both 6,s , with android you get to feel you have a new phone , where as an iphone feels like an update , if ios really changes alot i might come back but it will be not just a few tweaks bit a new fresh looking os , till then iam as many 1000,s will do stay with android and sadly not apple
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thumper_net View Post
      would not think this is true as you have to like ios to move from android
      i myself left the apple camp on my uphone 5 and have a new htc one m8 , which is wat nicer than the uphones , its not hust the screen size apple need to grab android users its a really new ios , not just a system with a few android rips , every uphone looks the same , os on a 2 year old 5 looks the same as both 6,s , with android you get to feel you have a new phone , where as an iphone feels like an update , if ios really changes alot i might come back but it will be not just a few tweaks bit a new fresh looking os , till then iam as many 1000,s will do stay with android and sadly not apple
      Smh...
    1. bry2k2's Avatar
      bry2k2 -
      Sorry but we already have larger screens, removable batteries, expandable storage, faster hardware, better hardware, a far more user friendly and open OS. Why would we switch?
    1. jose060789's Avatar
      jose060789 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
      Sorry but we already have larger screens, removable batteries, expandable storage, faster hardware, better hardware, a far more user friendly and open OS. Why would we switch?
      Here's a better question, why are you here then?
    1. AKCHRIS's Avatar
      AKCHRIS -
      Define Larger? Since CLEARLY the 6+ is THEE Largest Between the 2, So YEAH....-1 for THAT, & As for removable Batteries, I'd take a wall charger over the battery any day since i don't have to weigh my Pocket down with it, not to mention having to look for it in my BAG, and again DEFINE Faster Hardware? and More USER Friendly? LOL!!!! Please, iOS is WAY!!!! More user friendly then Android will EVER Be, i know this because I've owned a Droid OS Device before as Well as Blackberry OS and Symbian OS. I'm Sorry but the iPhone is more Aesthetically pleasing to look at then the Plastic style of SG5.
    1. rashad1's Avatar
      rashad1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
      Here's a better question, why are you here then?
      I signed up to this website back in July of 2007 when I jailbroke the first iPhone. I've been switching back and forth between iOS and Android since the Nexus One came out in early 2010. I haven't used an iPhone since the 5, but I still come back here once in a while to see what's going on in the Apple camp. I don't know if the 6's hardware is enough to bring me back since the iOS software is such a big turnoff since most of us like to really tweak our OSes. Android has come a loooong way since the days of the G1 and the Droid. I'm happy with my M8 and Moto 360 and I can't wait to see what Google has in store when they release the next version of Android.
    1. kalpesh78's Avatar
      kalpesh78 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
      Here's a better question, why are you here then?
      I guess they're here to try and understand why iOS and iPhones people haven't flocked to their favorite android. I guess us iSheeps are happy with a stable ui, a better hardware and a better app store.
    1. tongxinshe's Avatar
      tongxinshe -
      Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
      Sorry but we already have larger screens, removable batteries, expandable storage, faster hardware, better hardware, a far more user friendly and open OS. Why would we switch?
      Because most people want their smartphones to be convenient tools to help with their real lives, instead of being toys or pets to be constantly play with and taken care of (i.e. changing configurations).
    1. nakedcrook's Avatar
      nakedcrook -
      Analysts are typically people who know NOTHING about the differences between Android and iOS.

      While I initially jumped ship to Android for a larger screen, there were also MANY more factors:
      -Removable batteries (on some models)
      -No iTunes (i HATE syncing...things always got erased)
      -Greater control of the OS environment
      -Custom roms
      -Overclocking/undervolting
      -Choice of OEM
      -More verbose features to meet specific needs (S-Pen, photography, etc)
      -Expandable storage

      iOS is far too restrictive. The only people that the iPhone 6 will attract will be Android-ers who either do not use ANY of the features listed above, or people who are already on iOS. IMHO...Android has much more allure to it, that is, it has many more end-user features that are nowhere to be found on iOS or on Apple devices. Android simply offers more freedom...and that is why people flock to Android. iOS is in no way more secure than Android, as both platforms have had their vulnerabilities and security breaches, so the security point is moot.

      As an Android user, I will never return to iOS, though, I will always recommend iOS and iPhones to the elderly because, well, lets face it, Android can be a bit intimidating to a 90 year old woman in a wheelchair. Old people want super simple and basic...not verbose and flexible.
    1. Thai702's Avatar
      Thai702 -
      eh? my comment got removed? LoL
    1. justinpotter81's Avatar
      justinpotter81 -
      Don't feed the trolls, jealously and denial can be an ugly thing
    1. tongxinshe's Avatar
      tongxinshe -
      Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
      Analysts are typically people who know NOTHING about the differences between Android and iOS.

      While I initially jumped ship to Android for a larger screen, there were also MANY more factors:
      -Removable batteries (on some models)
      -No iTunes (i HATE syncing...things always got erased)
      -Greater control of the OS environment
      -Custom roms
      -Overclocking/undervolting
      -Choice of OEM
      -More verbose features to meet specific needs (S-Pen, photography, etc)
      -Expandable storage

      iOS is far too restrictive. The only people that the iPhone 6 will attract will be Android-ers who either do not use ANY of the features listed above, or people who are already on iOS. IMHO...Android has much more allure to it, that is, it has many more end-user features that are nowhere to be found on iOS or on Apple devices. Android simply offers more freedom...and that is why people flock to Android. iOS is in no way more secure than Android, as both platforms have had their vulnerabilities and security breaches, so the security point is moot.

      As an Android user, I will never return to iOS, though, I will always recommend iOS and iPhones to the elderly because, well, lets face it, Android can be a bit intimidating to a 90 year old woman in a wheelchair. Old people want super simple and basic...not verbose and flexible.
      You kind of hit the point, but missed it big, at the last step.
      1. Simple does not necessarily means "basic", it only means "easy to use".
      2. It's not just elder who want their smartphones to be easy to use, all of the people who don't have too much time to be killed with the phones want it that way. They have their real life and real work to handle with, they need the smartphones to be efficient tools to help them taking care of their real life and real work, they don't need their smartphones to be just another fancy toy to play with. In another words, all you said only shows that you are just a person too young and too spoiled to ever face the difficulty of the life on your own, yet, so that you take the process of configuring your smartphone as the top fun of it.
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Before I respond, can I at least say that your last several comments have been slightly less aggravating and accusationary. You've moved to the slightly more mature debate feel. I think we all thank you for that.
      Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
      Analysts are typically people who know NOTHING about the differences between Android and iOS.
      I think we all agree there tbh.

      While I initially jumped ship to Android for a larger screen, there were also MANY more factors:
      -Removable batteries (on some models)
      -No iTunes (i HATE syncing...things always got erased)
      -Greater control of the OS environment
      -Custom roms
      -Overclocking/undervolting
      -Choice of OEM
      -More verbose features to meet specific needs (S-Pen, photography, etc)
      -Expandable storage
      I've used plenty of Android devices, but my primary experience was with an older Samsung running a custom ROM with 2.3 Gingerbread on it, so keep that in mind with my comments. For removeable batteries, I actually had 2 replacement batteries that I never used, because, seriously, who wants to try to keep up with them. The only thing I ever used removeable batteries for was to hard reset my phone when it overheated or froze.

      The only reason I used a custom ROM was because the stock Samsung interface was crap, but it seems to me like the only reason you need a custom ROM is if you don't like what you get in a phone. iOS doesn't need custom ROMs because it works just fine without modification.

      I have to admit that I enjoyed under/overclocking. It sped me up and saved me some battery life at the same time. However, it's only been recently that I've even started to notice any major speed issues on my iOS device. As for it being circa 2012 hardware, well, it is . I bought it in 2012, so the fact that I can even run games like Infinity Blade 3 is pretty darn nice if you ask me.

      OEM is complete preference, but the funny thing is that lately I've noticed that many android fanboys are really Samsung fanboys.

      Besides the S-pen (which tbph I've asked several Android users and many haven't ever even touched it), what exactly are you referring to?

      iOS is far too restrictive. The only people that the iPhone 6 will attract will be Android-ers who either do not use ANY of the features listed above, or people who are already on iOS. IMHO...Android has much more allure to it, that is, it has many more end-user features that are nowhere to be found on iOS or on Apple devices. Android simply offers more freedom...and that is why people flock to Android.
      I'm sorry for tell you, but the reason people flock to Android is price. I'm included in that number. I have nothing against those who use Android, but if you were to get rid of all phones >$100 I think you'd have a very different set of numbers.

      iOS is in no way more secure than Android, as both platforms have had their vulnerabilities and security breaches, so the security point is moot.
      LOL I legitimately laughed out loud when I read this. When's the last time you've ever seen an ad for an iPhone antivirus app? As for iOS vulnerabilities, correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't every major vulnerability found in iOS been things like unencrypted photo attachments? The actual Android OS in and of itself might be just as, if not more secure than iOS, but it's very openness and customizability that you praise are its downfall. I can load a custom ROM that I didn't research enough or install an app with a virus that made it through the Google Play detection program. The simple fact is that "closed doors" as you call iOS also keeps the bad things out. It's much easier to rob a house with the doors open.

      As an Android user, I will never return to iOS, though, I will always recommend iOS and iPhones to the elderly because, well, lets face it, Android can be a bit intimidating to a 90 year old woman in a wheelchair. Old people want super simple and basic...not verbose and flexible.
      That's your personal opinion and I'll let you keep it. I also recommend iPhones to the not-so-technically-inclined, but I'll also recommend them to my friends. The simple fact of the matter is that unless you're extremely technologically inclined, you'll never use Android to its potential. There are definitely things about Android I like. Heck, I actually have apps in the Google Play store, but I know what I'm doing and how to use it.

      Edit: Just BTW, you're right about iOS being simple, but not basic. The definition of simple is: "easy to understand, deal with, use, etc."
      Basic: "Elementary, essential, key, primary, basal, underlying." So, unless you're referring to an iPhone as "essential" you may want to change your wording.
    1. nycdiplomat's Avatar
      nycdiplomat -
      I'm coming back to iOS because of the 6+. I havent owned an iphone since the 4. Been on android ever since and I'm currently using a Note 3. The Note 4 isn't enough to keep me so I preordered the 6+. looking forward to the jailbreak on the 6+
    1. twigwonderkid's Avatar
      twigwonderkid -
      Lol
      Don't you just love the folks that say. Oh no I've gone Android and never looked back, but I've just come on here !
      Brilliant !
    1. Nerd's Avatar
      Nerd -
      This is bad news.

      http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iphone...163109776.html
    1. Thai702's Avatar
      Thai702 -
      Hmmm.. thought Anthony B. posted a thread about it.
    1. fleurya's Avatar
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by thumper_net View Post
      os on a 2 year old 5 looks the same as both 6,s , with android you get to feel you have a new phone , where as an iphone feels like an update , if ios really changes alot i might come back but it will be not just a few tweaks bit a new fresh looking os , till then iam as many 1000,s will do stay with android and sadly not apple
      If you think the OS now looks and has the same features as iOS6 that came on the 5, then you have no clue what you're talking about. If you're talking about looking the same with the OS update, that's because Apple actually supports its old hardware and you get updates with all the newer phones. Unlike Android where if you want the newest OS you literally have to buy a new phone, and not just any phone but one of the manufacturer's flagship phones.

      If you're talking about the OS looking different because you buy a different brand, that's just because of the different skin that is mostly style change and no substance. It's just graphic changes manufactures use to try to make their device look different so people don't know they're all using the same borrowed OS, but under the hood it's the same.

      If you're the type that puts style over substance and like having to buy s new phone to get an updated OS, then I guess you are in the camp you need to be. But if you prefer consistancy in your OS so you don't have to learn the whole OS while getting new features, and you like getting instant access to updates on upto or over 3 year old hardware, than iOS is clearly the best option.

      Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
      Just proves that people walking around with these massive phones in their pockets claiming it fits just fine are mostly full of it. There's no way you can be putting enough pressure on the phone to cause this bend and say it's totally comfortable. At least not in your front pocket.

      And there's the rub. If this is happening, I can't see how that kind of horizontal bend could be occurring in a front pocket wher the pressure would be vertical along the phone as it is pushed against the form of your thigh. Looks much more like the kind of bend that would occur from sitting on your phone in you back pocket. But you know they would never admit it as such abuse as it is clearly beyond reasonable use of the phone.
    1. nakedcrook's Avatar
      nakedcrook -
      Quote Originally Posted by tongxinshe View Post
      You kind of hit the point, but missed it big, at the last step.
      1. Simple does not necessarily means "basic", it only means "easy to use".
      2. It's not just elder who want their smartphones to be easy to use, all of the people who don't have too much time to be killed with the phones want it that way. They have their real life and real work to handle with, they need the smartphones to be efficient tools to help them taking care of their real life and real work, they don't need their smartphones to be just another fancy toy to play with. In another words, all you said only shows that you are just a person too young and too spoiled to ever face the difficulty of the life on your own, yet, so that you take the process of configuring your smartphone as the top fun of it.
      Actually, bub, you are talking to an IT professional who makes a living using technology, like smartphones. Stop making groundless assumptions.

      With that said, my phone is not a toy. My Android device is essentially a mobile workstation. The flexibility and verbose nature of Android can allow me to be highly productive when I am away from work. Tell me, when was the last time you used your phone to remotely manage your domains over a VPN, all while on a phone conference with your counter-parts in your department? I dunno about you, but my Galaxy Note EASILY jandles these tasks...that is, multiple tasks. Don't presume to lecture me on "real life". In fact...our IT department dropped our iPhones in favor of Android devices because iPhones are toys. iPhones are incapable of handling enterprise level work.

      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      LOL I legitimately laughed out loud when I read this. When's the last time you've ever seen an ad for an iPhone antivirus app? As for iOS vulnerabilities, correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't every major vulnerability found in iOS been things like unencrypted photo attachments? The actual Android OS in and of itself might be just as, if not more secure than iOS, but it's very openness and customizability that you praise are its downfall. I can load a custom ROM that I didn't research enough or install an app with a virus that made it through the Google Play detection program. The simple fact is that "closed doors" as you call iOS also keeps the bad things out. It's much easier to rob a house with the doors open.
      Let me direct you to a few links which totally shut this point down.

      Apple iOS malware gets onto 75,000 iPhones, steals ad clicks | Naked Security

      AppBuyer: New iOS Malware Steals Apple ID and Password to Buy Apps - Palo Alto Networks BlogPalo Alto Networks Blog

      Meet the iPhone malware that tracks your every move | Kaspersky Lab Official Blog

      Chinese iOS malware stealing Apple IDs and passwords from jailbroken devices | 9to5Mac

      How many of you folks are jailbroken? Based on the above links...once you jailbreak, you are just as "insecure" than Android devices. For those of you that say "well, I am smart enough not to download anything bad"...then Android users could say the same thing. In fact, I dare say that Android users are more educated than iOS users when it comes to cyber-safety and avoiding malware.

      Malware Has Appeared On The Cydia Store, Here's How You Can Deal With It -- AppAdvice

      New iOS malware use Cydia Substrate to steal advertisement promotion fee | i, Claud

      Not even Cydia is safe. You guys better halt ALL jailbreak research.
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
      Actually, bub, you are talking to an IT professional who makes a living using technology, like smartphones. Stop making groundless assumptions.

      With that said, my phone is not a toy. My Android device is essentially a mobile workstation. The flexibility and verbose nature of Android can allow me to be highly productive when I am away from work. Tell me, when was the last time you used your phone to remotely manage your domains over a VPN, all while on a phone conference with your counter-parts in your department? I dunno about you, but my Galaxy Note EASILY jandles these tasks...that is, multiple tasks. Don't presume to lecture me on "real life". In fact...our IT department dropped our iPhones in favor of Android devices because iPhones are toys. iPhones are incapable of handling enterprise level work.



      Let me direct you to a few links which totally shut this point down.

      Apple iOS malware gets onto 75,000 iPhones, steals ad clicks | Naked Security

      AppBuyer: New iOS Malware Steals Apple ID and Password to Buy Apps - Palo Alto Networks BlogPalo Alto Networks Blog

      Meet the iPhone malware that tracks your every move | Kaspersky Lab Official Blog

      Chinese iOS malware stealing Apple IDs and passwords from jailbroken devices | 9to5Mac

      How many of you folks are jailbroken? Based on the above links...once you jailbreak, you are just as "insecure" than Android devices. For those of you that say "well, I am smart enough not to download anything bad"...then Android users could say the same thing. In fact, I dare say that Android users are more educated than iOS users when it comes to cyber-safety and avoiding malware.

      Malware Has Appeared On The Cydia Store, Here's How You Can Deal With It -- AppAdvice

      New iOS malware use Cydia Substrate to steal advertisement promotion fee | i, Claud

      Not even Cydia is safe. You guys better halt ALL jailbreak research.
      First of all, I'd like to point out the 1st sentence in the 3rd article. Yes; the one saying that 98% of malware is focused on Android. I'd also like to say that an IT professional like your self will obviously realize that no firewall/antivirus/similar protection software is bulletproof. I never claimed that iOS was completely impenetrable. Those articles point out a few things, however. 1st, only jailbroken devices are affected. Less than 3% of iOS users jailbreak. Think about that for a sec. Less than 3 percent of the millions of iOS users around the world are susceptible. Every android device is. Also, if, as you apparently did not, you had read my whole post you would've noticed that I said that closed doors of Apple keep it secure. Someone who jailbreaks has to go through a sometimes complex, but certainly intentional procedure to jailbreak. Someone who jailbreaks knows what they're getting into. That isn't always the case with Android. You know that Samsung I mentioned in my last post? It shipped to me from the carrier rooted. That's right, prerooted. I thought it just be a fluke, but I looked it up and every one of those phones came prerooted. Not to mention that you can find viruses in the Play store. As a Play Store publisher I can attest to how simple it is to upload anything to their market.

      The fact that you claim that Android is more secure is simply laughable no matter how you look at it.