• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • AT&T Executive Comments on Very Successful iPhone 6/6Plus Pre-launch


    Although on the user's end of things, last night was quite the chaotic pre-order process, the carriers are just sitting back and loving our anticipation to get our hands on Apple's new iPhone 6 and/or iPhone 6 Plus.

    According to AT&T executive Ralph de la Vega, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus pre-launch was the most successful of Apple's smartphone pre-launches to date. The executive notes that there was a very large volume of pre-orders this morning from anticipating Apple fans:

    It's amazing to see the volume," he said, adding that the "systems are rocking" and "everything is going well." He said demand for the new phones is "better than last year and they're better than the prior year [before that]."

    "Every time there is a change in [iPhone] design, there's an uptake," he said. "I think this design is particularly good.
    The executive goes on to explain that every time Apple announces a new iPhone, demand for the device seems to skyrocket, year by year. He also notes that he's a fan of Apple's new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus design.

    If you haven't already ordered your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, you may want to hop on it. Shipping estimates are already slipping to 3-4 weeks for the iPhone 6 Plus, and iPhone 6 shipping estimates are expected to follow suit in the future even though they're still quoting shipping estimates for September 19th at this point in time.

    Sources: MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: AT&T Executive Comments on Very Successful iPhone 6/6Plus Pre-launch started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
    1. bry2k2's Avatar
      bry2k2 -
      Your welcome.

      signed, all samsung, android and google users.
    1. jareed85's Avatar
      jareed85 -
      You're*
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      I'm happy! ATT system let me in early and ordered my iPhone 6 Plus. Confirmation email was sent at 11:49pm PST
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      I'm happy! ATT system let me in early and ordered my iPhone 6 Plus. Confirmation email was sent at 11:49pm PDT
      It let me in early too - 11:58.. But then wouldn't and still hadn't guaranteed 9/19 delivery by early this am. At 1:30am PDT Apple Store app let me get it and guaranteed 9/19 delivery. Gonna refuse delivery with the AT&T one.

      By the way.. There is no canceling of orders with AT&T. Your only option is refusing delivery. AT&T website very clear about that. Tried canceling this am.
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      It let me in early too - 11:58.. But then wouldn't and still hadn't guaranteed 9/19 delivery by early this am. At 1:30am PDT Apple Store app let me get it and guaranteed 9/19 delivery. Gonna refuse delivery with the AT&T one.

      By the way.. There is no canceling of orders with AT&T. Your only option is refusing delivery. AT&T website very clear about that. Tried canceling this am.
      That's fine with me. Knowing my luck? I'd cancel and try my luck at the store, to only find out they don't have what I want either LOL :P
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      That's fine with me. Knowing my luck? I'd cancel and try my luck at the store, to only find out they don't have what I want either LOL :P
      6+'s at Apple Store are at mid October delivery dates at this point. 6's, all sizes and colors are still available for 9/19 delivery as of right now. Just checked.
    1. Bo Troxell's Avatar
      Bo Troxell -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
      6+'s at Apple Store are at mid October delivery dates at this point. 6's, all sizes and colors are still available for 9/19 delivery as of right now. Just checked.
      Yup, that's what happened with me too. 6 will be here on 9/19, 6 Plus is mid Oct. delivery. I'm cool with that, at least I'll have one to play with soon.
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      Yup, that's what happened with me too. 6 will be here on 9/19, 6 Plus is mid Oct. delivery. I'm cool with that, at least I'll have one to play with soon.
      Yeah, baby! Next Friday is FUNDAY!
    1. unison999's Avatar
      unison999 -
      it is: "You're welcome"

      Successful launch?
      I was charged $702 for iPhone 6Plus 64GB with 2 year contract???
      Their server charged $1 on my credit card 5 times for 1 order...
      The phone may be a success but AT&T falls short to call this a successful launch...
      And hate to say it it is mostly Apple people buying this, most Android users would not stay up that late to get this phone.
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
      it is: "You're welcome"

      Successful launch?
      I was charged $702 for iPhone 6Plus 64GB with 2 year contract???
      Their server charged $1 on my credit card 5 times for 1 order...
      The phone may be a success but AT&T falls short to call this a successful launch...
      And hate to say it it is mostly Apple people buying this, most Android users would not stay up that late to get this phone.
      Just curious? Did you hit the submit button more than once? If so? That could be the issue. Just saying
    1. unison999's Avatar
      unison999 -
      Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
      it is: "You're welcome"

      Successful launch?
      I was charged $702 for iPhone 6Plus 64GB with 2 year contract???
      Their server charged $1 on my credit card 5 times for 1 order...
      The phone may be a success but AT&T falls short to call this a successful launch...
      And hate to say it it is mostly Apple people buying this, most Android users would not stay up that late to get this phone.
      Called AT&T to find out what is up.
      My contract is up 11/10/2014 (less than 2 months away).
      They said because my contract is not up yet, I was charged $649.99...
      Serious??? $299 goes up to $649.99 because of 2 months?
      Ordered through their website, order confirmation says ship in 14~21 business days, go to AT&T website to find shipping date it says November.
      Needless to say, I might as well buy a out of contract phone from T-Mobile, let my plan finish with my AT&T.
      AT&T a customer that was with them since iPhone1.
    1. TintinS3D's Avatar
      TintinS3D -
      Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
      Called AT&T to find out what is up.
      My contract is up 11/10/2014 (less than 2 months away).
      They said because my contract is not up yet, I was charged $649.99...
      Serious??? $299 goes up to $649.99 because of 2 months?
      Ordered through their website, order confirmation says ship in 14~21 business days, go to AT&T website to find shipping date it says November.
      Needless to say, I might as well buy a out of contract phone from T-Mobile, let my plan finish with my AT&T.
      AT&T a customer that was with them since iPhone1.
      Why didn't you opt for the NEXT contract?

      Or do you still have the grandfathered unlimited data? If so then you have nothing to complain about if they have let you keep that.
    1. unison999's Avatar
      unison999 -
      Quote Originally Posted by TintinS3D View Post
      Why didn't you opt for the NEXT contract?

      Or do you still have the grandfathered unlimited data? If so then you have nothing to complain about if they have let you keep that.
      I have grandfathered in unlimited data for $30.
      But since my average is only around 350MB it does not really matter if I switch.
      Switching to T-Mobile because I just bought a new iPhone 6 from TMobile without a contract, will be here early October with their cheaper rate and the ability to use wifi calling... I get really bad reception at work to wait for another year for AT&T to catch up.