• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple's US App Store Hits One Million Apps


    Apple’s US App Store has recently reached one million live apps according to new data from app discovery platform Appsfire. Although Apple noted that it had a million app in its worldwide catalog back in October, this marks the first time that various app platforms have seen the US numbers climb above one million.

    The Cupertino California company approved a total of approximately 1,439,451 apps since the App Store opened in 2008. Over the course of the year, this has been creeping towards the million milestone. Of the 1 million apps that are available for download, more than half a million are available for Apple’s iPad and over 900,000 are available for the iPhone. The company has paid out more than $13 billion to App Store developers as a result.

    For those of you who didn’t know, in May of 2013, Apple hit 50 billion worldwide app downloads, which it celebrated with a promotion for a $10,000 gift card for the person who downloaded the 50 billionth app. The numbers have currently climbed to roughly 60 billion downloads, putting Apple well on its way towards its 100 billion download milestone.

    Source: Appsfire (Twitter) via MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's US App Store Hits One Million Apps started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
    1. jOnGarrett's Avatar
      jOnGarrett -
      congrats.

      but can somebody tell me an app that lets me import my Google Calendar into my iOS calendar? (Calendars by Readle) is great but doesn't import into stock calendar.
    1. slim.jim's Avatar
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
      congrats.

      but can somebody tell me an app that lets me import my Google Calendar into my iOS calendar? (Calendars by Readle) is great but doesn't import into stock calendar.
      You don't need an app. Just add your google account in settings and sync your Google calendar.
    1. bigbaba's Avatar
      bigbaba -
      Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
      congrats.

      but can somebody tell me an app that lets me import my Google Calendar into my iOS calendar? (Calendars by Readle) is great but doesn't import into stock calendar.
      Wrong place for this question.
    1. clive.weller's Avatar
      clive.weller -
      Yes, and 80% of them either totally useless, unnecessary or just plain stupid. However, people still flock to download them
    1. lilpetabread's Avatar
      lilpetabread -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
      Wrong place for this question.
      Wrong place for this attitude.
    1. peacedog's Avatar
      peacedog -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      You don't need an app. Just add your google account in settings and sync your Google calendar.
      Yes, I second this. I prefer Google's contacts and calendars over the iCloud version. I have multiple calendars I have set up. A shared one for me and my wife. I set up a school-related calendar for the kids (that I subscribe to as well).
    1. RICO_'s Avatar
      RICO_ -
      Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post

      The Cupertino California company approved a total of approximately 1,439,451 apps since the App Store opened in 2008.
      Oh so it wasn't Apple that approved it. It was the "Cupertino California company". O.o

      There's that redundant phrase again referring to Apple by their location instead of just "Apple". lol
    1. peacedog's Avatar
      peacedog -
      Quote Originally Posted by clive.weller View Post
      Yes, and 80% of them either totally useless, unnecessary or just plain stupid. However, people still flock to download them
      You are being generous at an 80% level. I think useless/unnecessary app are more like 95%.
    1. lilpetabread's Avatar
      lilpetabread -
      Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
      Oh so it wasn't Apple that approved it. It was the "Cupertino California company". O.o

      There's that redundant phrase again referring to Apple by their location instead of just "Apple". lol
      Yup lol. These writers here are so funny sometimes. They do a lot of things that make their articles painful to read. Their articles usually never flow well and are plagued with things like what you mentioned. So funny.