• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • First Beta of iOS 7.1 Released to Developers


    [WARNING: As always, if you're concerned about a potential impact on JB, do NOT upgrade until more is known about today's release]

    On Monday, Apple released the first beta of iOS 7.1, which gives us an initial look into Apple's anticipated looming update for its mobile operating system.

    The beta comes just days after the release of iOS 7.0.4.

    In addition to an array of bug fixes, iOS 7.1 points to a number of known issues. They include:


    • Bluetooth (Known Issue) 32-bit apps running on a 64-bit device cannot attach to BTServer.
    • iTunes (Known Issue) Loading an iTunes Match library (or your purchased music history) may take much longer than expected, especially on larger libraries. If your library does not sync right away, please wait 30 minutes and try to access it again.
    • Crash Logs (Known Issue) Crash logs will not appear in Diagnostics & Usage Data in Settings. The logs will still be available when synced off the device.


    iOS 7.1 beta is available now for developers using all compatible iOS devices.

    Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: First Beta of iOS 7.1 Released to Developers started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 26 Comments
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Yeah..i see the warning. We all know we won't see the JB until 7.1 or 7.2 officially releases. Got some time on our hands..hopefully soon I miss it haha!
    1. Scotty Manley Silberhorn's Avatar
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      I hope the devs stay quiet about the 7.1 update until it's released, too. We don't need apple patching security bugs just yet.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Aren't x.1 updates supposed to come with at least a couple minor feature additions? Heck, even 7.0.3 came with iCloud Keychain. It seems like this should be 7.0.5 to me, unless they're holding off on the feature part of the update in the first beta for some reason.
    1. alex-xx's Avatar
      alex-xx -
      I think the J.B. hackers know what they do.
      Can just imagine what you can do with jailbroken iPhone 5s????
    1. wiipro's Avatar
      wiipro -
      More like 7.0.5
    1. Thatstastic's Avatar
      Thatstastic -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Yeah..i see the warning. We all know we won't see the JB until 7.1 or 7.2 officially releases. Got some time on our hands..hopefully soon I miss it haha!
      they decided to save the jailbreak until 8.0 is released anyway
    1. xboxbml's Avatar
      xboxbml -
      lol

      Yeah...haven't loaded it yet..not sure it does much...n I just restored this from scratch on 7.0.4...geeze..
    1. Serge.H's Avatar
      Serge.H -
      Anyone experiencing wifi related issues on their iPhone 4S after updating to iOS 7 ?
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Serge.H View Post
      Anyone experiencing wifi related issues on their iPhone 4S after updating to iOS 7 ?
      Mine actually got a lot better. Battery is another thing lol
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
      Mine actually got a lot better. Battery is another thing lol
      My battery was fine at 7.0 but everything so far has killed my battery.
    1. garfielgato2's Avatar
      garfielgato2 -
      I can't wait for the JB so I can tether my iPhone and use my iPad mini on the train

      Patience patience
    1. Rcworship's Avatar
      Rcworship -
      Quote Originally Posted by garfielgato2 View Post
      I can't wait for the JB so I can tether my iPhone and use my iPad mini on the train

      Patience patience
      This is why my iPhone is still on 6.1.2! But I do like the ipad mini on ios 7. Nonetheless, I can't wait for the JB so I can update the iPhone.
    1. GrandMstrBud's Avatar
      GrandMstrBud -
      Issues Fixed Since 7.0.4

      Baseband & Telephony

      - Updated GSMA TS.25 (formerly SE13) table


      Bluetooth
      - Fixed discovery issue on some Bluetooth device with UTF-8 characters in name
      - Fixed auto-pairing issue after wake

      Calendar
      - Fixed issue of missing subscribed Calendars

      iTunes Radio
      - Fixed Radio play resume issue due to network stall

      Localization
      - Added language support for Hindi
      - Dutch localization improvements
      - Finnish localization improvements
      - French localization improvements
      - German localization improvements
      - Greek localization improvements
      - Norwegian localization improvements
      - Russian localization improvements
      - Spanish localization improvements
      - Swedish localization improvements
      - Ukrainian localization improvements

      Photo
      - Support localized numbers for Camera and Photos
      - Made improvements to shared photo streams

      Safari
      - Improved Mobile Safari scroll performance on some web page
      - Fixed Mobile Safari crash when loading some web pages

      Siri
      - Made improvements to Siri UI
    1. mlee19841's Avatar
      mlee19841 -
      Just those couple of updates and it's a major jump from 7.0.4 to 7.1. Hummm apple is there something not being said...
    1. qumahlin's Avatar
      qumahlin -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      Aren't x.1 updates supposed to come with at least a couple minor feature additions? Heck, even 7.0.3 came with iCloud Keychain. It seems like this should be 7.0.5 to me, unless they're holding off on the feature part of the update in the first beta for some reason.
      No, the versioning system in all reality is not something for the consumer. While some companies treat it that way at times, they still need to maintain internal integrity. It's likely that the reason this is a .1 update is because it touched the BT stack which is a very important piece and at the same time the baseband radio was updated. Those two major pieces of software needed for the phone to operate.
    1. Magnum's Avatar
      Magnum -
      Please apple. I beg of you. Let me update Facebook and/or twitter from notification center again!!! Uuggghhhhhh!!! Why take away that feature!?!?!?
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
      Please apple. I beg of you. Let me update Facebook and/or twitter from notification center again!!! Uuggghhhhhh!!! Why take away that feature!?!?!?
      I must admit that this was a poor choice on Apple's part even though I never used it. It seemed like a lot of people did who actually cared about social media. But there have been, I believe, 2 tweaks as of late that have actually made me kind of want a JailBreak again. However. I'm fine with my 7.0.4 on my 5S and will wait however long it takes for it to launch and will wait a week longer as to not hit the traffic or first round glitches. A JailBreak is no longer that necessary to me in any way so I will wait until as many bugs are squashed as possible.
    1. smiska2's Avatar
      smiska2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
      This is why my iPhone is still on 6.1.2! But I do like the ipad mini on ios 7. Nonetheless, I can't wait for the JB so I can update the iPhone.

      What?? just use hotspot? (turns the iPhone into a router) don't you guys have that? comes in the standard iOS software here in sweden
    1. GenesisDH's Avatar
      GenesisDH -
      Quote Originally Posted by smiska2 View Post
      What?? just use hotspot? (turns the iPhone into a router) don't you guys have that? comes in the standard iOS software here in sweden
      It's there, but more than likely he doesn't get that for free (or is on a prepaid brand, carrier or MVNO that doesn't allow tethering officially, such as Straight Talk).
    1. The6uest's Avatar
      The6uest -
      Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
      Please apple. I beg of you. Let me update Facebook and/or twitter from notification center again!!! Uuggghhhhhh!!! Why take away that feature!?!?!?
      Yeah, and what happened to weather in the Notification center?!? It even says that weather info is provided by Yahoo, but there's no weather there!!