• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • pod2g: Patience is Necessary Even Though Progress is Being Made On the iOS 7 Jailbreak


    On Wednesday, iOS hacker planetbeing announced that that evad3rs might have all of the pieces they need to start building a jailbreak for iOS 7. On the other hand, that doesn’t mean that the jailbreak will be completed any time soon. There is a lot to the process that needs to be taken into consideration before the public can actually start downloading a jailbreak tool and start using it.

    On Thursday, well-known iOS hacker pod2g, and member of the evad3rs hacker team, once again confirmed that patience would be a necessary component of the iOS 7 jailbreak. Although progress is being made, the jailbreak simply hasn't yet been achieved, and probably won’t be for some time.

    Pod2g's reply is likely due to a number of replies to planetbeing’s Tweet yesterday from followers that thought planetbeing's Tweet meant a jailbreak for iOS would be released soon. This simply isn’t the case, as pod2g points out.

    While all of the pieces may be available to the hacker group to create a jailbreak, much like a puzzle, it takes time to take all of those pieces and arrange them in the right order. Then after the team actually succeeds on jailbreaking an iOS 7 device, they must then refine it, test additional device compatibility, and create a user interface that all normal users will be able to understand. All of these steps take a large amount of time to complete and the jailbreaks we've come to love wouldn't be as stable or reliable without these steps.

    Please remain patient, as the evad3rs are not required to work on jailbreaks. We at ModMyi always appreciate the effort that they put into the cause to give everyone access to their own devices.

    Sources: pod2g
    This article was originally published in forum thread: pod2g: Patience is Necessary Even Though Progress is Being Made On the iOS 7 Jailbreak started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 30 Comments
    1. rickuk's Avatar
      rickuk -
      This is great news, lets let them take as long as they like to produce a stable jailbreak, I'm happy to stay on 6.12 until they are ready with the new jailbreak
    1. bisayakid07's Avatar
      bisayakid07 -
      I'm very much willing to wait until I hit that ip5s gold?
    1. Faresismail's Avatar
      Faresismail -
      I think its gonna be about 2 month before we see a public release
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Thanks for the update. Patiently waiting:]
    1. ashu.sharma161's Avatar
      ashu.sharma161 -
      i really appreciate jailbreaking community and idevice user, i am using idevices for 2 years and i hate that i didn't get full control on my phone as i spend so much money on it, it breaks my all patience with ios7 and we can not downgrade/jailbreak/ trnsfr data to other devices or receive. i do not want to hurt anyone's feeling , i will really miss my clash of clan... anyways, goodby n enjoy...\m/
    1. dazdaman80's Avatar
      dazdaman80 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
      This is great news, lets let them take as long as they like to produce a stable jailbreak, I'm happy to stay on 6.12 until they are ready with the new jailbreak
      +1. But one thing worries me. I too am on 6.1.2 and would happily wait 6 months for them to piece together an untether for iOS 7, and then I'd update and join the club. But what happens if apple drops 7.0.3 or 7.1 before the JB is released and simultaneously closes some exploits that the [email protected] are using for the JB, only those who are on 7.0.2 or less would be able to use it, anyone else who waited on 6.1.2 would miss out because apple stopped signing the jailbreakable firmware. I know most untethers that are released are normally ahead of apple, but with so many bugs in iOS 7 at the moment, I just have a feeling they will keep releasing minor updates and maybe get lucky and close a major exploit hole. Im very tempted to just give up my 6.1.2 jb now and update, just to be on the safe side. Would like to hear thoughts on this.
    1. peacedog's Avatar
      peacedog -
      Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
      I think its gonna be about 2 month before we see a public release
      I bet it will take longer than that. iOS 6 took more than 4 months for the first jailbreak to be released.

      iOS 6 released September 18, 2012
      evasi0n jailbreak released February 4, 2013
    1. dwizurd's Avatar
      dwizurd -
      ^ my concerns exactly. I made the jump to iOS 7.0.2 yesterday, and while I already miss the functionality that JB offered, I'm actually quite content to wait on iOS 7 until a utility is released, personally I do like the new OS.
    1. fanboyfanboy's Avatar
      fanboyfanboy -
      Well duh. Anyone who expected a jailbreak within a few weeks really took this progress report way too far. Because that's all this is, a progress report.
    1. auh's Avatar
      auh -
      Thanks for the hard effort guys, I won't upgrade to ios 7 till you give the go ahead. However I recently bought an iphone 5 on Craigslist that's at 6.1.4 so I'm more eagerly awaiting that one first!
    1. Faresismail's Avatar
      Faresismail -
      Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
      I bet it will take longer than that. iOS 6 took more than 4 months for the first jailbreak to be released.

      iOS 6 released September 18, 2012
      evasi0n jailbreak released February 4, 2013
      Its not about how much time the previous ios version took to get jailbroken, its about the exploits the evader team currently have. An wether or not those exploits properly work together.

      And I remember last year it took the team a while to get together and start reporting progress. Which is not the case this year 😃😜
    1. Jato_BZ's Avatar
      Jato_BZ -
      Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
      I bet it will take longer than that. iOS 6 took more than 4 months for the first jailbreak to be released.

      iOS 6 released September 18, 2012
      evasi0n jailbreak released February 4, 2013
      +1

      Some ppl just don't get it. PLUS the guys will want to find additional exploits instead of using their own ones. Next yr IMO guys...
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
      Its not about how much time the previous ios version took to get jailbroken, its about the exploits the evader team currently have. An wether or not those exploits properly work together.

      And I remember last year it took the team a while to get together and start reporting progress. Which is not the case this year 😃😜
      Still - at this time last year they had sufficient exploits to begin working. Still took them til first week of Feb'13. We're not getting a JB for 7 anytime soon, gang. We WILL likely get a JB for 6.1.3/6.1.4 very soon - and that's also great news.

      Don't worry about too many revs of 7 getting ahead of an ios7 JB. Evaders will wait until we're past 7.1 before a release. They always time it perfectly. And we'll have plenty of time to do full restoring while all the jailbreak tweaks get updated. I would rather wait all the way till February to have the kind of freedom we had to experiment in those early days after jailbreak of iOS 6 and still do a full restore long before Apple did another update.
    1. Thatstastic's Avatar
      Thatstastic -
      You said a jaibreak hasn't been achieved when it has been achieved just not ready for the public yet
    1. bigbaba's Avatar
      bigbaba -
      Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
      I think its gonna be about 2 month before we see a public release
      Seeing how Apple is pretty much pushing out an update every week I hope they wait until 7.1.
    1. Jato_BZ's Avatar
      Jato_BZ -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
      Seeing how Apple is pretty much pushing out an update every week I hope they wait until 7.1.
      @Musclenerd has advised that he doesn't see the point in releasing before 7.1 as there are substantial revisions done on a x.1 update. At the rate Apple are releasing firmware updates id almost imagine 7.2 will be out before a working Jailbreak is released IMO.
    1. dazdaman80's Avatar
      dazdaman80 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Thatsvagtastic View Post
      You said a jaibreak hasn't been achieved when it has been achieved just not ready for the public yet

      Erm.., no, it hasn't been achieved !, he said all the pieces may be there for a jailbreak, they just need to put them all together to achieve it. An iOS 7 jailbreak doesn't exist, but what they have to work with will make it possible !. Read the post again !
    1. zinjen's Avatar
      zinjen -
      Quote Originally Posted by dazdaman80 View Post
      +1. But one thing worries me. I too am on 6.1.2 and would happily wait 6 months for them to piece together an untether for iOS 7, and then I'd update and join the club. But what happens if apple drops 7.0.3 or 7.1 before the JB is released and simultaneously closes some exploits that the [email protected] are using for the JB, only those who are on 7.0.2 or less would be able to use it, anyone else who waited on 6.1.2 would miss out because apple stopped signing the jailbreakable firmware. I know most untethers that are released are normally ahead of apple, but with so many bugs in iOS 7 at the moment, I just have a feeling they will keep releasing minor updates and maybe get lucky and close a major exploit hole. Im very tempted to just give up my 6.1.2 jb now and update, just to be on the safe side. Would like to hear thoughts on this.
      I'm in the same boat.. so tempted.. don't want to miss that window. Ugh...
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dwizurd View Post
      ^ my concerns exactly. I made the jump to iOS 7.0.2 yesterday, and while I already miss the functionality that JB offered, I'm actually quite content to wait on iOS 7 until a utility is released, personally I do like the new OS.
      Same here. It's such a big change that I'm in no hurry
    1. cowburnator's Avatar
      cowburnator -
      Quote Originally Posted by dwizurd View Post
      ^ my concerns exactly. I made the jump to iOS 7.0.2 yesterday, and while I already miss the functionality that JB offered, I'm actually quite content to wait on iOS 7 until a utility is released, personally I do like the new OS.
      +1