Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Launching 4G LTE, Pulling 'Accidental' iPhone Ad

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    There is no way something like that just gets by. I can't believe that for a minute. Even if Verizon hired some advertising agency to do the ad. I'm sure it has to get some kind of approval from Verizon before it gets launched. Oooooo it must mean something. Lol
    There's also no way displaying an iPod touch 2g with wallpaper, FaceTime, and Camera gets by too, right? And yet, not only was it on apple.com, it's that way right now in the official iPod touch User Guide web app that comes as a default Safari bookmark. I'm not trying to troll or insult anyone's intelligence, I'm just saying stupid things like that slip by. Also, (on 4.1 at least) when you go to Settings>Wallpaper the thumbnail with the wallpaper preview shows the iPod having a unified iPod app instead of Music and Videos. Alot of stupid things slip by when people make an image in Photo Shop instead of taking a picture. And what do you mean you can't believe this ad would slip by? It did for a while. And do you think they were trying to advertise a Droid X running iOS?

Apple - iPod touch - iOS 4 is the world?s most advanced mobile OS

Apparently iPods can make Emergency Calls!!!!
    (On "Safe and secure from prying eyes. And fingers.")

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by imilad View Post
    I am sure you can get a LTE phone overseas... There is a swedish cell company that has been on LTE for 5 years now...

As far as apple goes...(knowing Apple) whats going to happened is... they will roll out the same iPhone 4 but CDMA version in the begining of the year.. and then when June/July rolls around they will roll out the iPhone 4G BAAAAM! in your face to empty your pockets all over.
    Lol, wouldn't surprise me the least!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

What kind of speeds are they expecting to provide?

Wow verizon data plans are getting high! $50 a month is crazy, I'll stick with my unlimited 3G plan for $30.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    Wow verizon data plans are getting high! $50 a month is crazy, I'll stick with my unlimited 3G plan for $30.
    Wow they didn't talk you out of the unlimited data, like those bastards did me huh?
    iPhone 4 4.2.1 Untethered

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

What people are missing about the ads is that they are often contracted. There are professional companies that do these ads for various products, services, etc. From the information we have been provided it is just as likely that a company that has done ads for both Verizon and ATT made this mistake as it is that Verizon is getting the iPhone. Not saying that this disproves (or proves) anything, but it could very well just be an honest mistake.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    For the THIRD times in this thread, the plans ARE NOT SMARTPHONE DATA PLANS.

Green Apple
    Thanks

let's hope this rumor dies like all the others.

And for comparison, AT&T's own data card plans are $60/month for 5GB. So with Verizon's offering you'll be getting the same monthly data allowance for $10 less at a (theoretical) faster speed.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    What people are missing about the ads is that they are often contracted. There are professional companies that do these ads for various products, services, etc. From the information we have been provided it is just as likely that a company that has done ads for both Verizon and ATT made this mistake as it is that Verizon is getting the iPhone. Not saying that this disproves (or proves) anything, but it could very well just be an honest mistake.
    Exactly what I was trying to say. I don't get why people can't understand this.

I talked to a guy who works at verizon while standing in line on black friday and he said that theyre upgrading their network and after I asked him if theyre getting the iphone he said "Let me just say, we got the ipad..."

Quote Originally Posted by thesmart1 View Post
    I talked to a guy who works at verizon while standing in line on black friday and he said that theyre upgrading their network and after I asked him if theyre getting the iphone he said "Let me just say, we got the ipad..."
    A random Verizon employee knows nothing more about them getting the iPhone then me or you.

Dude 4G is a realty, At&t will be coming out with legit 4G soon. I will say that Verizon's 4G is way better than t-mobile because they are using LTE which is state of the art wireless technology while t-mobile is using wimax technology for there so called 4G network which is not up the the technical specifications needed for 4G

How much for 5GB?? I bought a $100 WiFi point from Clear about 2 weeks ago. Great 6Mb/1Mb service all over New York City. No Contract, $25/mo - UNLIMITED (True 4G!). It is advertised for iOS devices only, but I've had my MBP connect to it as well as my iPhone and iPad. The only issue is a small latency one when I am in a bad service area, but it is still faster than my 3G iPhone.

Seems like Verizon is touting something more expensive, for less service, when someone else has already done it. Wow, really does sound like Verizon.
    Evolution of an iPhone User:
    Pager -> StarTac -> Other Moto Phones -> BlackBerry -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G --> iPhone 3Gs --> iPhone 4 --> iPhone 4S --> iPhone Implant?

Evolution of a Mac User:
    Apple ][+ -> //e -> IBM PC DOS -> Fat Mac -> Mac SE -> Windows -> Win 95 -> Win 98 -> Win 2000 -> Win XP -> Mac OS X --> Mac OS XI - Someday

iMac 27" Core i7 (2011) - MacBook Air 13" (2011) - iPad 2 32GB WiFi - iPhone 4S 32GB

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thesmart1 View Post
    There's no way he would know that info. Just because they got the iPad doesn't mean they'll get the iPhone...a lot of places have the iPad now.

5GB??? I go thru 5 gigs of data in one night with MyWi running and streaming my Slingbox on my laptop. Does anyone else use more than 5gb with MyWi?? I mean hypothetically speaking of course..;-)

Quote Originally Posted by abuleo77 View Post
    Dude 4G is a realty, At&t will be coming out with legit 4G soon. I will say that Verizon's 4G is way better than t-mobile because they are using LTE which is state of the art wireless technology while t-mobile is using wimax technology for there so called 4G network which is not up the the technical specifications needed for 4G

BTW, none of the carriers are coming out with TRUE 4G which requires 100MB of transfer rate. FYI
    Sprint 4G = ClearWire WIMAX = 10mbs (20mbs max)
    T-Mobile 4G = 3G-HSPA+ = 12mbs (21mbs max)
    Verizon 4G-LTE = Long Term Evolution (LTE) = 12mbs (50mbs max)
    ATT 4G = Long Term Evolution (LTE) = 12mbs (50mbs max)
    Last edited by tkawika; 12-02-2010 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hmmmm, why did verizons marketing team have iPhone screen shots?.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Man i love waking up to another messany verizon rumor. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Forgoten Dynasty View Post
    A random Verizon employee knows nothing more about them getting the iPhone then me or you.
    He wasn't just a random retail worker, he's like an "inside" man....

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    There's no way he would know that info. Just because they got the iPad doesn't mean they'll get the iPhone...a lot of places have the iPad now.
    uuhhmm, there is a way he could know that, he works at the company.....
    and I never said they'll get it, I just told you guys what he told me..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast