Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BackBoard - Smart Theme Installer

I'm guessing if i didn't save the theme folder in the Backboard folder, there's no way to restore a theme in the Backboard app?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi guys.
    I've read a few pages of this thread to no avail.
    Only seen a YouTube vid about using Backboard but that didn't explain - how do I go about making the 100x100 tiles/icons to replace the default ones in "Preview"? Using DiskAid & iMac. Hope someone will point me in the right direction.

Default Help Please
    I have the OS7 working on here, but i don't know how to switch it back from os7 back to my regular iphone theme, please help

Having problems with this it just froze on the screen and won't open please help!

Hope people still read this thread, but I have long since had OS7 installed in blackboard and its been running great.

However, today I decided to make another copy OS& with different tiles, etc. that I was hoping I would be able to switch back an fourth between.

I placed my new OS7 theme in var/mobile/library (where the original OS7 was loaded to) and created the required theme icon, copy of previous OS7 theme settings etc., but the theme refuses to install.

It says loading, and then prompts for a respring, but it simply resprings to my previously applied theme.

It appears that the simplicity of BB has actually made customizing pre-installed themes more difficult.

Any thoughts? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    Having problems with this it just froze on the screen and won't open please help!
    Same here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to loopweb For This Useful Post:

Fattone66 (05-28-2011)

I have the same problem. I launched Backboard, there is the loadingscreen, and it stuck.

I uninstalled Backboard and respring, and then reinstalled, still the same problem.

He remains on loadingscreen

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramses2 For This Useful Post:

Fattone66 (05-28-2011)

Does backboard work anymore?????

jus read the posts...so it doent work anymore....
    Last edited by AWSUM; 05-28-2011 at 02:08 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AWSUM For This Useful Post:

Fattone66 (05-28-2011)

If I put my iphone in airplane mode, then Backboard works very well.

I am having this same issue. When I open backboard it just stays on the loading screen. I've tried reinstalling it from Cydia, deleting the iSetup directory and reinstalling. Switching it to airplane more?.. Anyone else able to fix this?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to basik19 For This Useful Post:

Fattone66 (05-28-2011)

Thanks

I'm also having the same problem... ~wynd, what the French toast man?!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to indyracer05 For This Useful Post:

Fattone66 (05-28-2011)

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. The airplane mode method worked but I hope there is soon a fix to it

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Junior_G For This Useful Post:

Fattone66 (05-28-2011)

The airplane mode worked for I little bit but went back it froze it's really frustrating and I love this BackBoard please help someone!!!!!

wtf! all of a sudden backboard just wont open. I rebooted several times, resprang several times, reinstalled backboard, tried from safe mode, just uninstalled backboard then tried again with no success. someone PLEASE HELP!

Edit: fixed!! I just dragged the entire backboard.app onto my desktop via ssh then dragged it back onto my phone to overwrite the files and resprang and backboard started working again with all my layouts. Maybe it was a permissions issue or something
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 05-28-2011 at 10:19 PM.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

Fattone66 (05-28-2011), It's Mi (06-09-2011), Kaospassageraren (05-30-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here. I don't know exactly how backboard works but does it access a remote server on startup? If so maybe there is a problem there. Just an idea. I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times with the same result. Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by fhorn View Post
    Same here. I don't know exactly how backboard works but does it access a remote server on startup? If so maybe there is a problem there. Just an idea. I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times with the same result. Any other ideas?
    Yeah I'm getting the problem again... just freezes at the loading screen and doesn't open again... Is everyone getting this same issue right now? The server thing makes sense... now if only there were some way to actually contact wyndwarrior... he never replies. Lets both try sending him an email at [email protected] because theres no way he'll ever respond to a PM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

More experimentation. Only airplane mode does not work. Airplane mode w/turning off data makes backboard work again...sort of. Some icons missing but all my themes will load. Highly strange!

wait so turning off data and wifi makes it work?
    edit: woah wtf! just turned on airplane and it opened.. weird! thanks by the way
    please make sure to also email wyndwarrior so he can fix this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had to turn off data and enable airplane mode to make it work. I have tried it a couple of times and seems consistent. Quite curious but at least it's a work-around until something more concrete. Think I will just wait and see how things stand in the morning. I agree though. I rely on Backboard to change out my themes. Obviously not life and death but sure makes things convenient! Very strange how it just stopped working for everyone at the same time.
    Last edited by fhorn; 05-28-2011 at 11:18 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to fhorn For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (05-28-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by fhorn View Post
    I had to turn off data and enable airplane mode to make it work. I have tried it a couple of times and seems consistent. Quite curious but at least it's a work-around until something more concrete. Think I will just wait and see how things stand in the morning. I agree though. I rely on Backboard to change out my themes. Obviously not life and death but sure makes things convenient! Very strange how it just stopped working for everyone at the same time.
    Thanks it works for me too. Yeah it really seems strange that it would stop working like that. I use backboard all the time to switch between different setups for themes Im beta testing or heavy and light mobile substrate setups or my complex inav winterboard setups or dreamboard with winterboard ui concepts and if I lost all my setups I would be devastated because of how long it took to setup the hardcore winterboard themes lol

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast