Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwapMusicLibrary app

Can someone tell me where the files for the second iTunes profile are backed up? On the second profile, I haven't synced in any music -- but it's still consuming more than a gig of space.

Hi everyone
    I justīve a big problem, Iīm using the iphone with windows and Ibrickr, yesterday i sincronized with Itunes, it was 7.5 GB!. today I install Swaptunes from Ibrickr application link.
    I run Swaptunes once and i later went to Ipod, but the message is "no content". I run swaptunes again and my library is still empty, i power off the Iphone, and power on, go to ipod and still empty, i run swaptunes again and is still empty. The iphone is almost full, thatīs mean the music is still there, but i can get it.

What can i do??

Quote Originally Posted by arqluco View Post
    Hi everyone
    I justīve a big problem, Iīm using the iphone with windows and Ibrickr, yesterday i sincronized with Itunes, it was 7.5 GB!. today I install Swaptunes from Ibrickr application link.
    I run Swaptunes once and i later went to Ipod, but the message is "no content". I run swaptunes again and my library is still empty, i power off the Iphone, and power on, go to ipod and still empty, i run swaptunes again and is still empty. The iphone is almost full, thatīs mean the music is still there, but i can get it.

What can i do??

I'm not sure what caused the iPhone do get into that state but it seems others have been experiencing similar problems. Perhaps an issue with 1.0.2 (I am still on 1.0.1 and never experienced such issues with swapTunes).

Anyways, all swapTunes does is move the folder /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control back and forth into /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_2

So if iTunes shows that you have a lot of space showing up as "others", it probably means most of your music is in /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_2. And if you can't see anything in the iPod app, it means /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control is empty. Normally running swapTunes at this point should invert the two, but if that does not work, you can simply delete (or safer to rename it to something else in case) the iTunes_Control folder, then rename the folder iTunes_Control_2 to iTunes_Control. Use WinSCP or MobileFinder to do that.

Another thing that can happen is that iTunes_Control_2 was moved to the trash, so check there too.

This app is working great for me, except that I am running into a ringtones problem that is different than the one earlier in this thread. I have custom ringtones installed by iToner. I had to install my ringtones over again when I switched over to my second iTunes library on my phone (understandably), but when I SwapTunes again, my ringtone always resets to the default. My custom ringtones don't get deleted, but my prefs revert to default and I have to choose my ringtone again in Setting. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Firmware 1.0.2/iTunes 7.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by mrgone View Post
    This app is working great for me, except that I am running into a ringtones problem that is different than the one earlier in this thread. I have custom ringtones installed by iToner. I had to install my ringtones over again when I switched over to my second iTunes library on my phone (understandably), but when I SwapTunes again, my ringtone always resets to the default. My custom ringtones don't get deleted, but my prefs revert to default and I have to choose my ringtone again in Setting. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Firmware 1.0.2/iTunes 7.4.2
    The solution to that was actually posted on the thread a while back by Mavic:

OK:
    If you want to use iTunes 7.4 and have swaptunes swap your ringtones out so u don't loose them change your swaptunes.sh file to something like this:

#!/bin/bash

if ps wwx | grep MobileMusicPlayer | grep -vq grep
    then
    kill -9 `ps wwx | grep MobileMusicPlayer | grep -v grep | sed -e s/\?.*//`
    fi

if [ -e /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_2 ]
    then
    mv /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_temp
    mv /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_2 /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control
    mv /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_temp /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_2
    mv /Library/Ringtones /var/root/Media/Ringtones_temp
    mv /var/root/Media/Ringtones_2 /Library/Ringtones
    mv /var/root/Media/Ringtones_temp /var/root/Media/Ringtones_2
    mv /var/root/Library/Ringtones/ /var/root/Media/Newtones_temp
    mv /var/root/Media/Newtones_2 /var/root/Library/Ringtones
    mv /var/root/Media/Newtones_temp /var/root/Media/Newtones_2
    else
    mv /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_2
    mkdir /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control
    mv /Library/Ringtones /var/root/Media/Ringtones_2
    mkdir /Library/Ringtones
    fi

exit 1

And I have a trouble:
    I didn't understand how SwapTunes's working and see "Other" place on first computer. That I had erased second iTunes folder on iPhone (and trashes too) by MobileFinder and uninstall SwapTunes, but the "Other" place still occurs & I can't use it.

What can I do?

Hey guys. For those on Macs trying to get this program to work, this worked for me.

Open swaptunes.sh
    Retype everything into a new file in textedit. (do NOT copy/paste. wont work)
    Overwrite swaptunes.sh and change permission to 755

Someone mentioned that this app was written in Windows so I retyped in textedit to make sure there were no probs with the carriage returns.

Worked like a charm

Just in case: Make sure to change preferences in Textedit from Rich Text to Plain Text
    Last edited by alfaphlex; 10-14-2007 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

Loaded SwapTunes restarted phone, ran SwapTunes still showed all my music. So I reloaded BSD Subsystem restarted phone and SwapTunes worked.

Default Still losing my ringtone prefs
    Thank you for this information, however after making the change you suggest below, I find I am experiencing the same problem. My ringtones are indeed being preserved, as in fact they were before modifying swaptunes.sh, but it is my ringtone PREFS that are still not being saved, ie. whenever I run swaptunes, my ringtone defaults to Marimba. I can change back to my custom tone, but my prefs get reset after each swap.

I suspect this may be because it appears that iToner saves ringtones to /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/Ringtones, rather than /Media/Ringtones. Can you please comment?

Quote Originally Posted by shaialud View Post
    The solution to that was actually posted on the thread a while back by Mavic:

OK:
    If you want to use iTunes 7.4 and have swaptunes swap your ringtones out so u don't loose them change your swaptunes.sh file to something like this:

#!/bin/bash

if ps wwx | grep MobileMusicPlayer | grep -vq grep
    then
    kill -9 `ps wwx | grep MobileMusicPlayer | grep -v grep | sed -e s/\?.*//`
    fi

if [ -e /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_2 ]
    then
    mv /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_temp
    mv /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_2 /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control
    mv /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_temp /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_2
    mv /Library/Ringtones /var/root/Media/Ringtones_temp
    mv /var/root/Media/Ringtones_2 /Library/Ringtones
    mv /var/root/Media/Ringtones_temp /var/root/Media/Ringtones_2
    mv /var/root/Library/Ringtones/ /var/root/Media/Newtones_temp
    mv /var/root/Media/Newtones_2 /var/root/Library/Ringtones
    mv /var/root/Media/Newtones_temp /var/root/Media/Newtones_2
    else
    mv /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_2
    mkdir /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control
    mv /Library/Ringtones /var/root/Media/Ringtones_2
    mkdir /Library/Ringtones
    fi

exit 1

Has anyone had any luck modifying this to work for more than 2 libraries? If I can get this logic to work for 3 libraries I would be in heaven. Surely there must be a way.

fucheeno

Hi, thanks for the great application, its exactly what I've been looking for to sync libraries at work and home without having to have the same data on both computers to do so.

I seem to be having a small problem. I installed via Installer and rebooted my iphone. I had Swaptunes swap in a blank library and proceeded to sync with iTunes. Upon connection iTune asks me if I want to restore "999's" profile to the phone. I didn't click anything, I just undocked my phone and headed in to work. Is this normal?

I'm on 1.1.1 and syncing with a PC.

Help is appreciated.

hey guys... I tried running this program and ran into troubles.

When I first ran it, i had had music and vids already on the phone (synced from other computer), then i tried to sync it with my lap where i had an album or two to sync. Before syncing it with laptop i had run SwapTunes. Then opened iTunes and synced library.

After that, i closed itunes, disconnected my iphone and there was nothing to be found in library. I tried swap tunes again, and still nothing.... After restart the new album synced from laptop showed up.... I tried swaping tunes (to get my old albums and vids list synced from other computer) but bum, nothing happened.... the list was empty.

It's something weird happening here definitely. Because when i connected device to lap again it offered me to back up all my contacts, calendars and stuff to my phone (to copy it), i didn't select anything.

Now it seems like this program has made an empty library that contains 0 items (i tried looking into it and it really has nothing)....and the other lib has everything there, including my stuff from other comp. When I run iPod on my phone i only get that one album visible, but not the others

Why is that happening? I know that in the library where that other album is there are other albums synced from other comp, but they are just not visible.... Could there be a problem that db file is crashed during the operation of syncing and running swaptunes few times?

Please help me to recover the loss of files that actually do exist.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Manca View Post
    hey guys... I tried running this program and ran into troubles.

When I first ran it, i had had music and vids already on the phone (synced from other computer), then i tried to sync it with my lap where i had an album or two to sync. Before syncing it with laptop i had run SwapTunes. Then opened iTunes and synced library.

After that, i closed itunes, disconnected my iphone and there was nothing to be found in library. I tried swap tunes again, and still nothing.... After restart the new album synced from laptop showed up.... I tried swaping tunes (to get my old albums and vids list synced from other computer) but bum, nothing happened.... the list was empty.

It's something weird happening here definitely. Because when i connected device to lap again it offered me to back up all my contacts, calendars and stuff to my phone (to copy it), i didn't select anything.

Now it seems like this program has made an empty library that contains 0 items (i tried looking into it and it really has nothing)....and the other lib has everything there, including my stuff from other comp. When I run iPod on my phone i only get that one album visible, but not the others

Why is that happening? I know that in the library where that other album is there are other albums synced from other comp, but they are just not visible.... Could there be a problem that db file is crashed during the operation of syncing and running swaptunes few times?

Please help me to recover the loss of files that actually do exist.

Thank you!
    Alright, I've figured out a solution to this. I don't know why it didn't work properly in the first place, or what was being done by iTunes to make life worse but I suspect it was iTunes and not the application itself.

First the fix for others that might run into this problem:

Pick the correct Library which will let you sync with iTunes without it asking you to set up your new phone and profile.

Now, SSH into your phone and browse to:

/var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes

and drag the contents to a folder on your computer.

Now browse to:

/var/root/Media/iTunes_Control_2/iTunes

and copy over all the files you just backed up from the step above.

The next step is to SwapTunes to the new Library and dock with your computer. iTunes will no longer ask you to restore your profile, however it will show all of your sync settings from the previous Library.

Uncheck the stuff you don't want syncing to this new Library and mark the things you DO want to sync to it. Press the Sync button when you're ready, and iTunes will make the adjustments.

Done!

Now whenever you swap Libraries, iTunes will show you the correct profile

Well, the thing is that iTunes doesn't ask for setting up a new profile when you cancel it (uncheck all items).... it just creates empty library ready for syncing....

So basically when I synced it with my old library on phone, it copied music from my laptop (one album) and only that album is showing up on the phone. When I swap tunes, bum, we come to empty library. It's empty as well as when it's synced with itunes (the "Music section" on iphone is empty).

What do you want me to do? Copy all files from new library (empty) over the files from old library (the one that contains all vids and music synced from my other computer)? What would happen that way? only .db files and other config files will be overwritten, and again there won't be anything imo....

What do u suggest?

You need to restart your device after swapping.

The fact that you are swapping in a blank library is proof that the application is doing what it's supposed to, and thats shuffle folders around.

You need to follow the steps I outlined above, and take note to restart after you swap, and then try to sync. Itunes should show your existing library, although nothign is infact in that folder, its simply reading the db files. Uncheck everything and only select the things you want to sync in this other library and give it a go.

When it syncs, you should notice that the colored data-bar below should turn orange to represent your other library which is now regarded as "Other Files."

hmm, yes. I've done all that stuff... but seems like db files got corrupted after the switch. (or rewritten with empty db files (the ones from new itunes, cuz i swapped twice and connected to same machine). Dunno what to think..... I am pretty much certain that db files lost info of all data, so my best bet would be to remove iTunes_Control at all.... just wondering what would happen with other stuff (contacts, photos, etc)?

Having problems installing Swap Tunes.

I am currently using firmware 1.0.2. I tried to install Swamp Tunes v0.02 through iBrickr. It installed but never really seemed to work. So, I decided to uninstall the program (through iBrickr) and then try re-installing it. Now whenever I try to install the program through iBrickr it never installs. iBrickr downloads the program and tries to install but I am never prompted for a soft reboot and the program is never installed.

Can someone help me correct this problem? I really need to sync between my home and work computer.

Thank you.

Default Still having memory occupied by others
    Hi,

I deleted the iTune_Control_2 and restore from back up. But still, it is showing I have another 2 GB occupied as others. Those songs cannot be seen in iPod mode. How can I reclaim those memory?

Thanks very much.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by arqluco View Post
    Hi everyone

What can i do??
    Did you find out a solution to reclaim the memory? please help, my phone is also almost full now. I am thinking to press the restore button, but I am afraid it will automatically upgrade the firmware to 1.1.1. Please help!!
    Last edited by gte357s; 10-20-2007 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Seems to be working just fine. When i switch it switches the libraries.

Any chance of merging capabilities? So you could play ALL your songs without having to switch back and forth?

Does this work on 1.1.1 firmware? Just installed it and after pressing switch, my music and video's are still there.

Never mind. I didn't have BSD installed.
    Last edited by justdan0227; 11-02-2007 at 09:15 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast