Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1.1.3 Firmware Preview Gallery

That was a rumor.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

looks like the real deal IMO
    http://www.iphoneskinning.com/2007/1...res-video.html

still,nothing is really new .
    Customize+weTool =do the same thing

We have to wait a bit ...then see.

what would this mean for 1.1.1 otb (now 1.1.2 unlocked)phones ?
    later on would we be able to upgrade to 1.1.3?

even if apple didnt give us a new baseband, that would make the phone still downgradeable and able to be jailbroken. So maybe they will give us a new one just to prevent people from downgrading to jailbreak and unlock. So either way its a lose-lose situation for them. Lets just see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    And she is some sort of magician? If she cant get an app to stay why doesn't she share the info so all the apps can be coded to resist the updates?
    An update doesn't touch every file. it's not an app, it's a patch on the existing code basically. An update will leave intact your existing user info, which is where it resides. stop calling it an application on the phone, because it's not.
    My Installer Source for themes, wallpapers, and keyboards: http://www.apogeeltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
    Three things:
    1. Within the preferences for iTunes, make sure that "Disable automatic synching for all iPhones and iPods" is checked.
    2. On the Summary tab for your iPhone within iTunes, make sure that the "Automatically synch when iPhone is connected" is not checked
    3. Most Importantly: don't click the "Update" button, once v1.1.3 is out (this is the step that causes Lemmings the most trouble.)

Hope this helps...
    1 & 2 are wrong. These have absolutely nothing to do with firmware update.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

*yawns*

While this does seem to be 'visually' featured update, I would like to think that Apple has done some improvements to the foundation of the phone's software. I like the idea of the multi 'Home' screens - but when pressing the 'Home' button, which one will it take you to? Changing icons on the dock? That's nice, but again, more eye-candy. Triangulation of your position in Google Maps - has potential uses and looks to be decently thought out. Multi-message - like other features that are lacking, this should've been added in secretly in the 1.0.2 update.

From my point of view, the 1.1.3 update is just Apple's way of saying "Yeah we know what's wrong - but hey look something shiny, or wiggly." in hopes that our ADD will kick in and we'll forget what's wrong with the phone. But thanks to these forums, we don't forget. And I am VERY please and impressed in the Developers that have built amazing applications for the iPhone already. I can't wait to see what everyone punches out when the SDK comes out in Feb. '08.

The only reason nate couldn't downgrade is because he was just downgrading to 1.1.1/1.1.2
    and it didn't work because both 1.1.1/1.1.2 have brick MODES. But he didn't downgrade to 1.0.2 which doesn't have brick mode. He could of just went from 1.1.3>1.0.2>1.1.2/1.1.1.

I was looking at the same pics for about the thousandth time, and I finally noticed something with the pic below. Isnt the iTunes Wifi Music Store supposed to be on the bottom right side if it is stock?

Probably he moved it around.

if you look in the gearlive video http://www.iphoneskinning.com/search/label/iPhone

if that's 1.1.3 why is his carrier logo changed?
    Hit Thanks!

Omg^^ Do You Ever Read The Posts!!!

The purpose of this update is to bring to an end the jailbreaking, third party applications and unlocking of phones.

There is nothing else noted in the release that is of any real value. I mean think about it.....so many have brought far more pressing issues to the surface, yet this is all that apple can think to implement?

Lets hope apple's 3g phone is a vast improvement (as a phone) or the iphone may soon find that other phone makers will have learned from apples mistakes and done it better.

BTW ... I have heard thar AT&T will be bringing a new touch screen phone to market next year. No, not the HTC touch, but one to complete with the iphone. While I have no specifics, the sales channels say it will be impressive....of course sales channels always think everything is impressive.

The only thing about the video that bugs me is that they never show them actually HITTING the home button. If they wanted to they could make a movie or whatever of this (however pointless it seems) but hitting the home button would ruin it, right? However.. I'm pretty convinced it's real so now I just hope they can exploit it and hack 1.1.2 otb so I can open my toy!!!

umm....they have already found exploits on the bootloader they just need the secpack from 1.1.3.

So why don't you open YOURS up?? No but seriously, you NEVER know what'll happen and who changes what... but damn it, my fingers are itchin. Plus I go back to europe in less than 10 days so I neeeeed to know!

I like things to be new.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clevetus View Post
    The only thing about the video that bugs me is that they never show them actually HITTING the home button. If they wanted to they could make a movie or whatever of this (however pointless it seems) but hitting the home button would ruin it, right? However.. I'm pretty convinced it's real so now I just hope they can exploit it and hack 1.1.2 otb so I can open my toy!!!
    Agreed, you don't see them hitting the home button, however, if they did show them pressing the home button, that doesn't stop them from faking the video - it's all about timing and practice. Or having a non-working iPhone with a green/blue screen with the video superimposed on the phone using Final Cut Pro - or other professional grade video application.

So you still believe its fake. ^^

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast