Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on the iPhone

Anyone know the setting for Suncom??? PLease help thanks in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpnotiq View Post
    Anyone know the setting for Suncom??? PLease help thanks in advance..

Try this:

Server Name: Suncom MMS
    Gateway: 66.150.33.115
    Port number: 9201
    Server Address: http://mms.suncom.net:8088/mms
    Wap Version: 2.0

Man. Will this ever work for Tmobile USA??!! Not to be impatient, but does anyone know why it does not work with Tmobile? What makes it different than other carriers in regards to MMS??
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile

Quote Originally Posted by gastonm View Post
    Man. Will this ever work for Tmobile USA??!! Not to be impatient, but does anyone know why it does not work with Tmobile? What makes it different than other carriers in regards to MMS??
    Try This:

T-Mobile picture messaging settings

WAP GW IP Address:

APN Name:
    wap.voicestream.com

Messaging Server:
    http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

Data Mode:
    Connection Oriented

**NOTE**If this does NOT work it is probably because T-Mobile has different configurations for different phones. And since the iPhone is NOT one of their "Official" phones, they may not have a setting for it....
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

which one goes in the mmsc field and which one goes in the proxy field?

Talking Works great
    I have used these settings and can say it works great. Im in Australia using Optus and just sent my GF an MMS.

Few tips:

*Make sure you have WIFI off.

*Make sure APN (settings>general>network>Edge) is the MMS one or it wont work (for example the Optus edge internet APN is INTERNET...original lol....but the APN for MMS is... you guessed it MMS) one thing to note is while you have the MMS APN on... internet won't work and vice versa(well for me anyways).

*Take out the HTTP:// from start of MMSC

Here are the settings for OPTUS MMS:

Insert these in the MMS App. settings:
    MMSC: mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/
    Proxy: 61.88.190.10:8070/

These in Iphone edge settings:
    APN: MMS

International Settings can be found here:
    http://www.activexperts.com/mmstoolkit/mmsclist/

Awsome...but needs a few improvements like:

Receiving MMS, sending MMs from photo folders(not just camera), add text, send sounds, sending to multiple numbers, Instead of showing a persons number after sent... it should show the persons name; and a layout similar to the sms program. But i guess that will come in time.

Thanks for a great app.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    does this work with 1.0.2?
    Sent out several mms but they never got them, and I have the unlimited data plan.

Arg, I think everyone has forgotten about us D:

Thanks

has anyone figured out the settings for tmobile. i tried the ones above and i had no luck. has anyone had success sending one on tmobile?

tmobile = we are screwed.. I've tried everything and nothing works.

Thanks

AT LEAST I HAVE AN ICON ON MY SPRINGBOARD THAT SAYS MMS....who cares if it don't work...i'll just lie to people....it also has remote start

Well i'm sorry to burts the buble for those of you with the at&t family plan theory, but being on the family plan dosn't seem to change a thing for me. My set up is as follows 2 iphones running 1.1.2, both jailbroken, on locked at&t family plan one witht the $30 data text plan and one with the basic $20, wifi is off, and MMS is set to
    mmsc.Cingular.com
    I'v tryed to send to verizon, T-mobile, and at&t (non iphone) all were said to have sent and never got to the other end. All i can say is I aint quitn but SOMEONE HELP US!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!

Default help!!!
    ****.... I dont see my edge apn settings in network all I see is wifi data roaming and VPN I'm using 1.1.1 unlocked help!!! Plus are the mms free? Need Internet??? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
    Well i'm sorry to burts the buble for those of you with the at&t family plan theory, but being on the family plan dosn't seem to change a thing for me. My set up is as follows 2 iphones running 1.1.2, both jailbroken, on locked at&t family plan one witht the $30 data text plan and one with the basic $20, wifi is off, and MMS is set to
    mmsc.Cingular.com
    I'v tryed to send to verizon, T-mobile, and at&t (non iphone) all were said to have sent and never got to the other end. All i can say is I aint quitn but SOMEONE HELP US!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!
    Im going to assume that its because BOTH phones on the family plan are iPhones. Perhaps if you had one that was a regular phone with MMS capabilites then it might work. I might add a regualr phone to my account just to test that theory..

Quote Originally Posted by bschucher View Post
    Im going to assume that its because BOTH phones on the family plan are iPhones. Perhaps if you had one that was a regular phone with MMS capabilites then it might work. I might add a regualr phone to my account just to test that theory..
    dont waste your time me and my girlfriend are on a family plan hers a regular phone and ive tried sending mms to her and she never gets them.

Thanks.. saves me the hassle.. I WISH someone would figure it out.. im so pissed that its a simple missing feature of this phone..

so now that thats all outa the way, im thinking the only way to get it done is to call at&t and get them to turn on the pay as you go as mentiond before. There are two problems with this idea, number one the custy service rep is going to ask why you need it? So you just gotta come up with a bogus answer like you switch your sim between phones alot. The second problem being that we are all already paying for this feature on our data plans, I for one don't like paying a outrageous 25 cents for somthing I should already have. I think I'm going to have it turned on and then complain my way to victory with at&t when I get the bill for all the pic messages.

Thanks

Good Luck on that.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice going guys and thanks again!!
    Has anyone managed to get it to work on Telstra Australia? I thought I had the correct settings, it says it sent, adds mms to list etc but no one receives!?
    I know a lot of people have had this bug, keen to get it working.
    Thanks again to the hard working developers!!
    Free the iPhone!

Thanks

damn this sucks its like gettin gifts on xmas that dont work. how this mms doesnt work for tmobile. I hope someone can get it workin for tmobile. I kno its possible bcuz i can send pic msgs on my tmobile wing phone. I kno its a totally different device but dammit lol, i think i speak for all iphone users on tmobile when i say "someone help us plz..."

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast