Welcome to ModMyi.com - your premier Apple & iPhone community. Affectionately coined MMi, we're a community over 900,000 strong who love modifying our iPhones. Be sure to REGISTER to comment, download and ads load last for extra speed! It's free!
Take a few minutes to meet the ModMyi.com Staff!
Hi there, "custom ipsw" means "customized ipsw". Yes, it's the same one in the link you posted. Choose "iphone 3gs" on iReb, and follow the instructions to enter into DFU mode. After you get DFU mode successfully, use iTune to restore the customized ipsw. Good luck!
I'm stuck here with error 1015. I don't have win 7 but I will try with win xp as you said. I quote your text with some questions.. could you help me please?
1) The 3gs was stuck in 1015 error and recovery mode. <- I experience the same prob
2) I have window 7 pro with iTune 10. <-I have already commented on this
3) I used redsn0w to enter DFM, but got a 1600 error
4)..with iTune after loading the custom iPsw. <- when you say "custom ipsw", you mean "original ipsw"?? otherwise, if you mean "customized ipsw" like this one (Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Custom_Restore.ipsw) ???
5) I tried it again with iReb to enter DFM, and it loaded the custom iPsw fine that time. <-which options did you choose
6) The phone was able to boot up normally and installed cydia <- hope to be able to do so too..
thanks in advance