Welcome to ModMyi.com - your premier Apple & iPhone community. Affectionately coined MMi, we're a community over 900,000 strong who love modifying our iPhones. Be sure to REGISTER to comment, download and ads load last for extra speed! It's free!
Take a few minutes to meet the ModMyi.com Staff!
This is instructions I wrote 4 some 1 else but it should help u 2.
No problem. I started off with a unlocked 2.1, but it shouldn't matter. The steps are rather easy. The only thing that gave me problems was my computer, so I needed to quickpwn it on another 1. But here's your steps:
1. Make sure your have everything downloaded in this list:
Bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6 (not 3.6 and 4.1)
iPhone 2.2 Firmware (Located on the thread)
2. First you wanna connect your iPhone and open iTunes. Ignore the pop-up and the tab asking you to update your phone. Hold shift + Restore and choose the iPhone 2.2 Firmware u downloaded. Now just sit back and let iTunes restore it.
3.Once its finished u should have a fresh new iPhone with 2.2 on it (but not jailbroken 4u).
4. This is when u open Quickpwn. It's going to ask u to open up the 2.2 firmware again. So do that.
5. Then it will ask you do u want cydia, installer, bootlogos, and to unlock it. Choose what u want but at this point and time I do not recomend the bootlogos. Then go to the next arrow.
6. Now it should ask you 4 your bootloaders place both where properly go. And click the next arrow.
7. Now the next ste[ you just follow the direction on the screen EXACTLY how they show.
8. Just let qickpwn finish and your done.
If you have anymore questions I will b more then willing 2 help. Cause I see there's a lot of people on the site that will not help at all.