Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem With iPhone Connectivity To ZiPhone

Exclamation Problem With iPhone Connectivity To ZiPhone
    Here is information about the phone:

FCC ID: BCGA1203
    Model No: A1203 - 8GB
    ICCID: Unknown
    Firmware: Unknown

Here's a little background so you know how my phone came to be in this state: A friend of mine bought a new phone so I asked her if I could have her old iPhone. She sent it to me without the SIM card as I just wanted to play around with it anyway.

She had not deleted all of her items (at the time I could access her contacts, picture files, etc...) But I chose the delete all option from the phone, which turned out to be a mistake.

When the phone restarted it gave me this message:

"No SIM card installed - insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone, and I am now unable to access anything on the phone."

I decided to download the latest version of iTunes 8.2.1.6 and put it in restore mode to try and update the phone or fix the current issue.

iTunes has an error message when I connect the phone. It is:

"iTunes cannot activate your iPhone because the SIM card is not inserted or a SIM PIN is required.

Disconnect your iPhone, make sure the SIM card is inserted correctly and, if you use a SIM PIN, tap Unlock to enter it, and then reconnect your iPhone."

Since I could not restore it through iTunes I decided to download ZiPhone GUI v3.0 on Windows XP to try and fix the issue. So I set my iPhone to restore mode, turned on iTunes, (which gives me the same error), and turn on ZiPhone. The message that it gives me is this:

In the information box:

"Searching for iPhone... Make sure the iPhone is connected to the computer and detected by iTunes."

In the Output Log:

"ZiPhone 3.0 by Zibri"

"Checking ZiPhone integrity...
    Searching for iPhone..."

It makes no progress from there, the green bar at the bottom continues to scan as if searching for the phone when it is connected.

Is there anything that can be done to repair the phone or do I need to just trash it?

Thanks
    Last edited by syraniss; 08-23-2009 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Deleting Serial Code From Information

Thanks

1 - Do a complete clean restore in iTunes
    2 - download Redsn0w here: redsn0w
    3 - Read & Read until you understand the process completely!
    4 - Jailbreak+Unlock
    5 - Be happy

Ziphone is not that good n reliable in my opinion
    Last edited by sursture; 08-23-2009 at 11:10 AM.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sursture For This Useful Post:

hardeep222 (11-12-2009), syraniss (08-23-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Ziphone only works on frimware 1.1.4 and BELOW which has not been current for about 14 months.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

syraniss (08-23-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

before you trash it send it to me! i could use it.

Default Fixed!
    Thanks to the first users' advice I was able to bring my phone out of it's unusable state and now I have a jailbroken phone! Thank you for your aid!

Default Same
    Heey people,

I know this was almost 2 years ago but im walking into the same problem, with the same story. I try to work it out with Redsn0w but that didnt go down. I got a iphone 32gb. 4.2.1 . ipsw file. i know that for a fact coz if tried everything! i really hope you can help me out!! nothing i can do, i only got a dutch simcard at the moment, and thats not what i need, dont know the provider just like above pleasse helpp!!