Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my 1.1.4 not be seen by 3.0 for upgrade

Default my 1.1.4 not be seen by 3.0 for upgrade
    Hi all,

I missed many upgrades since I successfully unlocked my iphone and brought it up to 1.1.4 When I now use the latest Ziphone, it does not see the phone. It says:
    Checking ZiPhone integrity...
    i386
    Searching for iPhone...
    USBMuxListenerCreate: Unknown error: 0

I may have jumped the gun and updated my macbook pro to itunes 8.2

Im lost here, any suggestions on how to update this phone? It works fine as is, but I want to get it up to speed. Also on a side note, Skype for iPhone wants the latest iTunes as well and IM afraid of doing that as it will brick it. Any work around there?
    Very thankful,
    Dan

Thanks
    Thanked 9,878 Times in 6,037 Posts

DO not use Ziphone. I assume you have a 2g phone because of that OS. There are a ton of threads on this.
    No, you will not brick your phone, you can always restore in iTunes.
    More info would help point you in the right direction. Mac/PC etc.
    Here is a simple guide to jailbreaking the 3.0 OS. A tree menu, follow it and click on what applies to you.

Default lost and getting more lost
    My goal is: to get current my G1 unlocked iphone that is currently at 1.1.4.

What I have done thus far:

I have gone through both the suggestions in this string of posts. I dl'ed all files for both Pwnagetool and RedSnOw as suggested. PwnageTool is says Im selecting the wrong firm ware (iPhone1,1_3,'_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw) redsnOw says it can not recognize the same file.

I am running itunes 8.2 now. Ziphone gave me the error message I posted above.

This phone works fine as is but when trying to DL Skype from Itunes it told me it will not do so unless I upgrade, hence my efforts here. I have wasted plenty of time, and I now need the help of from some pros. I did unlock this to is current state using Ziphone, again Im at 1.1.4

I guess I need this spelled out for me. The suggested link just did not work for me. Thanks kindly in advance!

Thanks

you need to upgrade your OS to 3.0 for this to work.

HI, and thanks again for the reply.

Ok, I need to upgrade to 3.0, that's what i have been trying to do.

But how? By simply going to iTunes to do so? Im afraid I will get bricked. I thought the original post suggesting the other work arounds was the solution.

I am really feeling like a dork because I got to 1.1.4 so easily with ziphone.

Thanks
    danny

Thanks

Restore your phone to 3.0 firmware from iTunes. Then jailbreak/unlock it with the link provided. You'll be fine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

dannyg9 (07-15-2009)

Default stuck once again.
    HI, thanks for hanging in there with me.

I did attempt to upgrade to 3.0 in iTunes. Im bricked as expected. i am now stuck in emergency mode. I did my moves to unbrick it and restore it. Problem now is, it wants to restore and update. It does so, but then see my non at&t card and goes back into emergency mode. My attempts to do DFU mode does the same, unless Im doing that wrong now. At this stage I do not know what version my phone is in. When I followed up with your link no matter which software I am using it always stops at the first stage, not recognizing the iPhone1,1_3.0_7a341_Restore.ipsw file. Like a challange? Please hang in there with me!

cheers
    Danny
    Im in Norway using a TelNor sim but do have an old non working At&t sim too.

Thanks

Or since you have a Mac just create a custom firmware with Pwnage:
    Pwnage unlock

Ive always had good luck upgrading with Pwnage. it coaches you into DFU mode.

At this point Id just run pwnage , let it create the custom firmware then you option-restore to it in iTunes. Make sure you use "expert mode" and increase the root partition to about 1000kb, install ONLY Cydia, and do not close the Pwnage program until you have restored the custom firmware in iTunes.

If you are having trouble getting the Mac to recognize the iphone, try unplugging the usb, rebooting teh Mac,, then open iTunes and plug in again. Then run Pwnage.

Or, if you still want to do it this way: redsnow unlock.

FWIW, Ive only used redsn0w on my 3G and had trouble getting redsn0w 8 to run i had to use redsn0w 7, but i wasnt unlocking.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

dannyg9 (07-15-2009)

Default Success!!
    Bhz1 and bkcadi,,,,,,

ThankyouverymuchThankyouverymuch
    ThankyouverymuchThankyouverymuch!!!!

It worked, I had to do it twice.
    I got a bit lost when it did not require
    me to do anything with the bin files.

It wiped the phone, I tunes was not able to
    restore the backed up data. Not sure if its
    there or not.. Not a bother in the long run.
    And I have to learn about Cydia. Ive been
    out to the iphone game for sometime and
    need to get caught back up and you guys
    hung in there with me and i am very grateful
    for you doing so. I am most happy I stumbled
    into your forum. There is life for the old
    iphones!

Cheers,

Danny

if there are any guidelines I should adhere to send them my way!

All the best Guys!!

Default After Unlock and JB, is it safe to retrieve backup of old contents?
    Hi Guys,

Again all was fine but itunes wanted to either setup as a new phone, or restore from my other iphones, backed from an old back up and the phone crashed. I fixed it no problem via the directions you have me, but my question is, it it time to say good by to the contents of the old phones?

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannyg9 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Again all was fine but itunes wanted to either setup as a new phone, or restore from my other iphones, backed from an old back up and the phone crashed. I fixed it no problem via the directions you have me, but my question is, it it time to say good by to the contents of the old phones?

Cheers,

Dan
    No- just back up your stuff according to these directions

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

If you restore from backup it'll wipe your jailbreak.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i too am having this problem with the ziphone 3.0
    i have a 1.1.4 iphone that came out RIGHT before the 3.0 that i tried to upgrade to 3.0. i am on a PC, i restored my iphone in itunes (hopefully that wasnt a mistake) and now i have 2 problems. Itunes doesnt like the fact that i have a tmobile simcard in the phone. can i use a friends att sim to get itunes to see my phone and continue with the process? will it do an harm at all to my friends sim if i try? ALSO...ziphone was not seeing my iphone which i assumed was due to itunes not accepting the simcard. if ziphone is not recommended whats an easy program to use to upgrade my phone to the highest newest firmware?

Thanks

Grrrr! Why are people still trying to use Ziphone when it hasn't been updated since 1.1.4?

Yosh - Use your current sim and Restore in iTunes to 3.0. At this stage iTunes won't recognise your iPhone's sim but then you've only gone through half the process.

Then run RedsnOw which will JB & UL your phone (thus making iTunes see your phone's sim).

Set up as a New Phone and then you can sync all your old contacts/Apps/music back afterwards.

Follow the link in bhz1's post (although as you're on a PC you'll need to click the Windows link afterwards on the iClarified page to get the correct walk-through for you).

HTH.

YAY!!!! IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!!

sorry for the caps...just excited as all hell. i thought i was gunna have to go buy a new phone....THANK YOU AGAIN!!

ok the phone is working beautifuly except for one thing...cydia app icons are not showing up.
    Last edited by Yosh-E; 07-20-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yosh-E View Post
    YAY!!!! IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!!

sorry for the caps...just excited as all hell. i thought i was gunna have to go buy a new phone....THANK YOU AGAIN!!

ok the phone is working beautifuly except for one thing...cydia keeps crashing when loading. it gets all the way to "updating release" then times out on reload. ive searched for a solution and found this [Pwnage 2.02][Cydia Crash][Solution] - Hackint0sh but it makes NO sense to me at all. can i get some help please?
    Here is a link to some info that may help your Cydia crashes. I actually had the same problem and this cured it for me.
    Also there is a zip file you can download to try and cure your problem also if you are unfamiliar with SSH. Follow this link and follow the directions.

Thanks

Glad it's almost all running for you Yosh!

I just tried Cydia and it won't load for me. However it's been faultless up until then so I'm sure it's a problem their end (bit like websites going down on occasions). Saw earlier there's loads of posts about Cydia but hadn't read them as I wasn't having a problem before. Guess I'll read up now but will give it 24hrs before I decide anything needs doing.

Default Stuck again but on different phone.
    Hi again, the former 1.1.4 is still working like a dream not at 3.0

I now attempted to do the exact same process with a G2, 2.2.1 phone. I got through the whole process, and when i get to the iTunes restore, it says the new custom firmware is not compatible. I am what I think is DFU mode. When I try to turn it on it stays dark. Before that happened iTunes did detect my norwegian sim saying it could/would not update as it had the wrong sim. I can get the phone lite back up if I unplug, and restore without using the custom file, but then Im stuck in emergency mode. Any suggestion?

So do I need to start with a different restore from (the original downloaded one for this help bundle of files?)

Geez I thought I had this beat!

Danny
    MacBook Pro

As always, many many thanks. I really have tried my best before coming back here guys!