Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading iPhone 2g from Ziphone to Pwnage 2.1 Unknown errors on restore

Exclamation Upgrading iPhone 2g from Ziphone to Pwnage 2.1 Unknown errors on restore
    I'll try to make this short and to the point:

I have an iPhone 2g 8gb that I unlocked/jailbroke with Ziphone using firmware 1.1.4. I accidentaly upgraded the firmware to 2.1 recently. I have been trying to use Pwnage to create a custom firmware 2.1 to restore on the phone while in DFU mode (I followed the Pwnage instructions for DFU mode). Everytime i have tried to restore the iPhone with the custom firmware 2.1 i get the unknown error (1600). I also have recieved unknown errors (21) (5) (6) (2100) and others. Oh yeah, i am using the upgraded Pwnage via their website (iphone-devteam)

I thought i would be slick and downgrade to 2.0.2 and Pwnage the iPhone with a custom 2.0.2 software.....same errors. The strange thing that i see is that i can completely restore any original firmware package with no errors (2.1, 2.0.2, etc) except for 1.1.4. Tried to downgrade back to 1.1.4 using iTunes 7.5 and that didn't work either. I feel like i have tried everything and nothing is working.

Does anyone have a custom firmware 2.1 for a 2g iphone that has worke3d for them that i could try? i don't know what else to do.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Restore back to an original 2.1fw then try to restore to your custom fw in iTunes in restore mode not dfu. I was having that issue last week and it was driving me crazy but restoring in restore mode finally got it working.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

Default Restore mode?
    ok. How do i put in only in restore and not DFU? thanks for the tip.

i hope this is in the right thread...
    i was attempting to unlock my 2.1 using pwnage and during the flashing baseband phase i waited 2 hours then turned my phone off. (pretty stupid since now it won't boot, just sits on the apple logo)

please help! don't want to find out i destroyed my phone already.