Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: dead iphone

Default dead iphone
    HII i have a 16 gb iphone which dont show the iphone capacity,version and the software it cabbot retrieve any thing as it goes to itunes on screen and thats it can anyone help please tried everything but i have no solution by myself

Thanks

need more info than that buddy if you want help.

does itunes recognise the phone? is it 2g or 3g? what itunes are you using? what operating system are you using ('yes' doesn't help much)? and whats the background of the phone? (bought off ebay etc.?)
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Default dead iphone
    hii bought the 16 gb on ebay and would not sell it as its dead when i connect to the computer we have the itunes displayed on the screen of the iphone the comp detect it but as i update the software it keeps goin on and off i have tried amillion tymes but the same stuff happens the itunes coming back to the screen then eventually it goes off ,it doesnt show anything when its connected on the computer as the serial number,the capicity is blank.no software version so any solution will be appreciated

it is a 2g phone and am using windows vista
    Last edited by ibusaa; 10-06-2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

DFU restore to 2.1 and quickpwn.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am just curious, what all have you tried to do... because DFU restore works for 99.9999999% of people in these cases, and it seems like with about 2 seconds of Google searching a simple DFU guide can be found. Anyway, try the DFU restore and let us know how it goes
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

R.I.P your phone
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

its dead i think so so will sell it as spare parts on ebay thanx for ur ideas

Im in DFU mode so what program will allow me to redo the firmware on windows?

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

What firmware? You can use Pwmagetool (Mac) to build a custom ipsw.

And then use quickpwn to install.