Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocked with ZiPhone, do i have to free with iBrickr too to install NES ROMS?

Thanks
    Default unlocked with ZiPhone, do i have to free with iBrickr too to install NES ROMS?
    unlocked, and jailbroken and activated with Ziphone. using firmware 1.1.4.

I want to install some NES ROMS. i downloaded NES from installer, have open ssh, BSD subsystem, launcher and finder installed. I tried it using Cyperduck, but truth is i have never had any luck messing with Ftp programs.

i want to use iBrickr, but it says the phone needs to be freed...i thought it already was? will freeing it again with iBrickr **** it up? or is it not detecting my phone as freed because i used a different app?

any advice?

thanks

bump
    Last edited by darius359; 05-18-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

ziphone frees your fone weirdly and you need to install a patch before ibrickr works can't think what its called. soz
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks
    any idea where it's located? is it via the installer app?

so i'm guessing it doesn't make sense to Free it again then since i already did it....damn dirty technology....so technical!

Default hey
    its on the installer.app, add the source i.unlock.no and refresh, the application is called ziphone ibrickr patch...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ez3t0r For This Useful Post:

darius359 (05-19-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah find it in installer theres a package in there called "iBrickr (AFC2 Hack)".

But i suggest not doing it though iBrickr, but rather a program like iPhoneSuite.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

Thanks
    thanks for the info. I added I.unlock.no and found the patch. Before I install I was just wondering why iphonesuite was recomeded. Is it an FTP server as well? I was under the impression that it was a video converter. Guess I'll have to double check the Internet on that one.

Thanks again for the info on the new source info. Where did you find out about the other install sources?

turns out i didn't even need to bother with the patch or iBrickr. my password wasn't 'dottie', that's why i couldn't connect via Cyberduck. now that i found out what it is, i've already been able to upload games. WOO HOO!!! i used this tutorial for help iPhone Central: iPhone Hacking Kit, the next generation and now i'm good to go.
    Last edited by darius359; 05-19-2008 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost