Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want to virginize phone -- have pwned and Ziphone'd it previously

Default Want to virginize phone -- have pwned and Ziphone'd it previously
    Hello,

I have a launch day iPhone and have it upgraded to 1.1.4. I have used both Ziphone and Pwnagetool on it previously. Currently it is jailbroken using Ziphone as I couldn't get pwnagetool to work for it (it is NOT unlocked and it wouldn't work on AT&T after pwnage).

So, when pwange didn't work, I used ZiPhone to jailbreak only.

Now, I want to erase any evidence I've used either so I can take it to apple for a repair. Obviously, I can restore the original 1.1.4 firmware and erase the jailbreak but I don't really understand the baseband status.

1. Would ZiPhone have changed my baseband? I assume since it is a launch day phone, ZiPhone would not needed to downgrade anything since it was the original version.

2. Do I need to do anything to un-pwnage the phone? If so, what do I do? I have been trying to read into this but am a bit lost. I was reading about using pwangetool to do this by unselecting all the boxes, but some more specific direction would help!

Thanks a ton

why dont u run ziphone and press virginize?
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

I am in the same situation BUT I have a 1.1.1 iPhone. I never used Ziphone, I used Independence.

How do I revirginize my phone? If I simply update to 1.1.4 like iTunes tells me to, does that do it? Or do I have to restore somehow first, then update?

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    why dont u run ziphone and press virginize?
    What will that do to the baseband? Since I am an older phone, will that just leave it at the original one or will it then upgrade it to a clean version that shouldn't be on my phone.

Will doing this erase the pwnage tool?