Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Data Recovery?

Default Iphone Data Recovery?
    Just went to jailbreak friends Iphone using Ziphone, didn't back up or check firmware first,
    stuck with BSD error, he doesn't have computer, and just return from trip to portugal using iphone as camera,
    any ideas to get pics of before restoring

I searched and searched, and tried several programs with no luck,
    there is the option to send out for data recovery but no guarentee and bit pricey.

http://www.dtidata.com/iphone_data_recovery.htm
    Last edited by chiefleif; 04-28-2008 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

If data was not synced or backed up on pc than you are screwed.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Even if you sync, the data on your notes will not be restore can they???

First, see if SSH works from the Ziphone installation. I don't quite know that error but I'm guessing it won't.

Second, have you tried iPHUC?

Sorry if neither of these work...

Beware of 3rd party data recovery on the iPhone... There are no trusted sources yet. iPhone forensics that were demoed by Jonathan never saw the light of day for some reason..
    Search Google for "Custom Firmware 3.1.2" if you don't have a Mac and are using Windows!

Default Steps:
    Hi,

Abstain from copying more files onto your iPod and iPhone when you think you have lost files. You need to run a scan to see whether your files are still there so you can recover them.

Download a program that is capable of searching the files on the hard drive of your iPod and iPhone. These programs are available for free on the Internet (see Resources). Once such program is recover4All Pro v2.26.

Allow the program to run so that it can scan and recover all of your files. This can take up to 3 hours because it scans the entire hard drive of the iPod and iPhone.

Connect your iPod or iPhone to the computer you usually use to sync them if the above method does not work.

Hit the Summery tab in iTunes, and click Restore.

Select, when requested, the option that offers to restore your previous settings. Because your files will be backed up on your computer, your data should be restored.

I hope it will help you

Thanks
    No signature spam... only warning

As long as you don't disable the automatic sync option in iTunes, it will automatically generate a backup for your iOS device when you plug your device into your Mac or PC, and the backup file updates along with your every sync. So it is certainly sure and easy to restore iPhone from iTunes backup with iPhone Data Recovery. That is, you can recover your iPhone data from the recent iTunes backup whenever the data is missing.
    Last edited by selinalareina; 10-30-2013 at 07:49 PM.