Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Virginize 1.1.4 ZiPhone'd iphone

Default Virginize 1.1.4 ZiPhone'd iphone
    I was wondering what are the ways to virginize my 114 ZiPhoned iphone - like the title says....

I've lost wifi... It wont even detect it at my house...
    Programs crash....
    etc...

I just want to start completely new.... A regular restore wont solve my problems either. I have, well had the program that gave you battery and signal data in numeric form and even thought I restored, and installer says they aren't there, the values are still numeric on the "taskbar".

Thanks... (I don't even care if I have to go all the way to 1.0.1, I'LL DO IT!)

No one can help? I cant believe I got bumped to the 2nd page over questions like "How do I add installer?"
    Last edited by tondog; 04-09-2008 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

1) Refurbish with ZiPhone.
    2) Restore 1.1.4 firmware
    3) Restore 1.1.2 firmware
    4) Restore 1.1.4 firmware
    5) Restore 1.1.4 firmware AGAIN

That should give you a factory fresh 1.1.4 phone. Then use iLiberty or pwnage to unlock, not ZiPhone.
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ASar08 For This Useful Post:

Spooky (04-23-2008)

Thanks

im kinda in the same boat, i recently unlocked my att phone for another sim card, and now i use my original again and i wanna be able to not have to worry about upgrading firmware and bricking my phone, would this do it? i wanna be able to like put in another sim card and it have no signal or say invalid sim or whatever it says...

but wont your bootloader still be messed up to 3.9 instead of 4.6

Thanks

I would say, download a fresh piece of firmware ipsw file, I would say 1.1.2... use ziphone and jailbreak, unlock and activate it (DO IT ALL for 4.6BL... If you have 3.9BL, use jailbreak and activate, don't select unlock sim... but use anysim 1.3 later in the installer, search for the method in youtube etc...)

Once you have a completely jailbroken phone, (I would say you have 3.9BL by now because ziphone does downgrade your bootloader). Use pwnage by dev-team, you could probably follow this video [ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ggU5RpCPt1M"]YouTube - iPhone PWNED Demo[/ame] to upgrade to1.1.4. I know the video shows unlock to 2.0 but I think it's the same to 1.1.4... Remember to upgrade your bootloader back to 4.6BL if your iphone originally comes with it.

pwnage allows you to upgrade your bootloader by the way... if you happen to have Windows, then you'll have to wait for pwnage windows version to come out (WinPwn)... but for Mac, it's already been released... follow the video it is if you have a Mac...
    Last edited by squaresoft; 04-10-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I want to get totally rid of ziphone, we need an app that will do this regardless of firmware or boot loader version!

Super Virginizer

Quote Originally Posted by keith chegwin View Post
    I want to get totally rid of ziphone, we need an app that will do this regardless of firmware or boot loader version!

Super Virginizer
    An app for this would be really helpful. I'm in the exact same boat. Can't connect to Wifi.

Which is the best way to to this?

Can it be done by just using Pwner and a new 1.1.4 firmware install?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Do a restore to 1.1.4 and use iLiberty to relailbreak and unlock. When you go back into iTunes be sure and set the phone up as NEW, not from back-up. This will fix the problem of rewriting all the code like the digital battery/wifi indicators. iLiberty has a built in wi-fi fixer that you can download form the program itself and use.

Thanks

What happens if I could connect to a wifi, all good but when return to springboard home, wifi drops... and I didn't do anything to my iphone, nothing about my internet connection. Wifi stays as long as I do not return to home. Wifi stays in safari if I happen to connect to wifi via safari not settings although it keeps prompting cannot connect but i forced anyway, worked but if i return to home i.e. leaves safari, wifi drops again...... go to installer, connect to a wifi, keeps forcing to connect... works... but when return to home i.e. leaves installer... drops............. I am desperate here...

do like the above post and reinstall 1.1.4 then 1.1.2 then 1.1.4 then unlock with ilibery+ I personally never had a problem with ziphone and used it numerous phones.

you could upgrade bootloader with boot neuter if you really want 4.6 but 3.9 is fine all the orignal phones still work fine. Apple just changed bootloaders to make it harder to unlock not to add functionality to the phone.
    Last edited by tomred; 04-11-2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Damn we have a bunch of suggestion here. Anyone try these? Do we have a definitive answer on this??

Thanks

I've restored to 1.1.4
    ran Ziphone: unlock_jailbrak
    iErase bootloader
    When I try and restore to 1.1.2 I get an error (5) and thats it.

Is there a definitive way to virginize a jailbroken phone?

I too would like to know how to get rid of whatever ZiPhone did and just start fresh. I jailbroke my iphone v 1.1.14 about a month ago with ZiPhone and now id like to have my phone be reset. When i try on iTunes it gives me an error. Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

any help wold be appreciated... 1.1.4 needs to be 1.1.2 on ziphone
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah - that battery percentage function from Extended Preferences is a persistent little bugger, isn't it? Luckily, I like having it on the iPhone...

Ok so in order to get my booloader back to 4.6 because I used ziphone
    I need to restore 1.1.4, 1.1.2 than 1.1.4 than jailbreak?
    damn man I wish I researched more before using ziphone!

Thanks

Restoring can't change your bootloader, but bootneuter can (or iBooter, i can't remember)
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

I used ZiPhone 2 days ago without researching anything at all. Today my sound stopped working and my phone was really slow. I pluged it into iTunes and restored it and it is good as new now. I am going to try to jailbreak it again tonight. So is the general consensus not to use ZiPhone?

Yup use ILiberity
    could someone help me out with how to fix my bootloader
    I have a PC and MAC that I could use so any directions will help!!

gripdis you can install bootnueter from the installer app then select which bootloader your iphone had and hit flash. bam done.. or use pwnage tool and theres an option in the advanced menu to change your bootloader.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast