+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YourTube 3 update

is a discussion within the

YourTube

forums, a part of the

CocoaNuts Support

section;
Has anyone got the YourTube 3 update to work? I am on iOS4.3.3, the downloads now play ok, but exports don't seem to do anything iFile seems to import to
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default YourTube 3 update
    Has anyone got the YourTube 3 update to work?
    I am on iOS4.3.3, the downloads now play ok, but exports don't seem to do anything
    iFile seems to import to the iPod fine still with the Gremlin2 update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Has anyone got the YourTube 3 update to work?
    I am on iOS4.3.3, the downloads now play ok, but exports don't seem to do anything
    iFile seems to import to the iPod fine still with the Gremlin2 update
    i have a purchased copy of the new ifile and gremlin 2 installed and ifile doesnt show the "add to ipod" button. and youtube isnt importing any videos..please help. in on 4.3.3

Thanks

Will only be there if you have purchased Celeste or YourTube. In iFile, choose a song, click on the blue arrow on the right, then scroll to bottom
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 08-20-2011 at 02:38 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm interested to hear what you did to even get the downloaded files playing using YourTube3. Mine don't play at all, and attempting to 'export' audio (or video) to my library doesn't appear to do anything. Is this supposed to work with 4.3.3 now?

Thanks

Hi, my sequence of events were...
    I purchased YourTube2 when on iOS4.1 with my iPhone 4. It worked fine on 4.2.1 also. But didn't work on 4.3.3 where it would crash YouTube if I tried to play any downloads. Only after YourTube2 was upgraded to v2.1.1-1 could I click on the download without YouTube crashing, but it still didn't play. Then Yourtube 3.0-1 came out with Gremlin2.1-2, now downloads play fine, but do not export
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 08-28-2011 at 01:24 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have OS 4.3.3, installed YourTube 3 but I can not even play downloaded videos!! When "Add to iPod library" pressed, NOTHING happends! Not working for me.

Thanks

For you guys still on iOS4.3 and waiting for YourTube to update, I can confirm the following works on IOS5.01
    Gremlin does not work on iOS5 yet so why not install YourTube without Gremlin and then use iFile to move files around.
    First
    While on iOS4 with YourTube 3.0-1 already installed, install and run ApptoDeb 1.2 in Cydia. In ApptoDeb, scroll down to YourTube3 and select it and edit the following option...
    In Dependants, delete
    ", co.cocoanuts.gremlin2"
    Then click on make DEB and save it somewhere like Dropbox
    Upgrade to iOS5.01 and jailbreak.
    Set Cydia from user to developer, then you can search and make sure you have Sandcastle 2.0-1 installed
    Then from iFile, install the previously saved co.cocoanuts.yourtube2.deb file and reboot.
    (Cydia can be put back to user mode)

Cydia note...
    Cydia will ask you to update YourTube3, just click on change package settings, ignore upgrades.

YouTube note...
    You can now download videos to the var/mobile/Media/YourTube folder and then use iFile to export them to your Camera Roll. You can not export them to the iPod library or play them directly from YouTube

By the way, Celeste can be installed without Gremlin 2 on iOS5.0.1 using a similar method

Celeste and I want to buy but it works on iPod Touch IOS 4.3.5
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 01-14-2012 at 09:09 AM.