+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Manually changing icons for themes?

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Hi everyone, I'm a new user. I recently jailbroke my device and was quite excited to explore all the new possibilities available to me, the first being new themes. I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Manually changing icons for themes?
    Hi everyone, I'm a new user. I recently jailbroke my device and was quite excited to explore all the new possibilities available to me, the first being new themes. I installed winterboard + a few themes I liked, but every time I tapped respring, the only thing changed was the wallpaper (maybe the icon text, but usually there was no text at all) so I googled and googled before I found out that the icons may need to be changed manually. I have no knowledge of ssh so the only tool available to me so far is iFile.

Thank you guys for your help!

EDIT: I am using an iPhone 3GS with iOS 6.1.3

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,832 Times in 6,150 Posts

There are hundreds of themes that are iOS 6 compatible. If you are a new user, I don't recommend manual theming, as you can screw things up easily. I would try YouTube on winterboard theming. There have got to be thousands of videos. You can search here for a thread called "iOS 6 theme guide" that can help too.

Good luck and enjoy your new hobby!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Honestly I'd just like the cydia themes to work if it's at all possible

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,832 Times in 6,150 Posts

I have about 50 themes for iOS 6, and they all work just fine. I'm not really sure what it is you are doing wrong.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I have about 50 themes for iOS 6, and they all work just fine. I'm not really sure what it is you are doing wrong.
    How are you getting them installed? I'm going into cydia, selecting themes, finding one I like, downloading it, and enabling it within winterboard and respringing