+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick question about Winterboard performance

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Sup people! I used Winterboard a few years ago and I have been refusing to install it since when I used it was still buggy and consumed a lot of
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Quick question about Winterboard performance
    Sup people!

I used Winterboard a few years ago and I have been refusing to install it since when I used it was still buggy and consumed a lot of memory for my taste.

I want to get back to moding the graphic interface, so hows the performance now days? Hows the memory consumption?

Thx in advance!

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

It's much faster than back in the day and easier on memory. But it can drain alot of battery (As it always could) using bigger more "complete" themes. Very useful for getting those pesky UIImages themed though
    iPhone 4 - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

Thanks

How hard is on the battery? Ive been using Edge for the last 2 months but Im worried about the 3G use time.

Thanks

It really depends on what your doing with it. Large themes that cover vast amounts or your UI are going to use more power faster. I use it somewhat minimally to get at the UIImages in the [email protected]k file and I notice absolutely nothing in regards to faster battery drain. I used to theme my Auxo Switcher, Icons, Locksreen (Various parts), and my Media Player. I noticed quite a bit of rapid drain that stopped when I tuned the theme off. I think optimizing them with Winterboard may help this, but you can always SHH your pngs into your iphone and avoid Winterboard altogether if you want. Still a great tool in my opinion.

Thanks

Never thought of SHH'ing the .PNGs that sounds good enough. I used to have Springtomize 2 but left it and installed just a few specifict tweaks, Im thinking on getting into it again and with Winterboard that could really hit a high battery drain.

Guess Ill have to test it out but Im afraid of breaking it and with the need to restore and lose the jailbreak :S

Thanks

If you uninstalled springtomize2 for battery life there's no need unless your running everything on it at once. As for your jailbreak I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you have a pretty good idea of what your doing and where your going in SHH. I learned how to do most everything with my iPhone from this forum and Google (Which leads here most of the time lol)

Thanks

Actually Springtomize2 will just be working for 2-3 things, one of them is the folders name which I cant find a way to delete. Im using Icon Renamer to delete apps names but for folder it doesnt seems to work

And yeah, I know, most of the searches I have had leads here too lol

Thanks

Possibly Folder Enhancer? If you don't like springtomize2.

Thanks

I have folder enhancer but it doesnt allows me to change its name, I ended up using _ -

Thanks

Oh I used to have it, I thought it did. Looks like Springtomize2 is the only 6.x tweak so far that does this then.