+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Difficulty customizing a Winterboard theme

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Please let me know if this problem has already been answered, but I've spent a lot of time looking for a solution and couldn't find any discussion on this particular
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Difficulty customizing a Winterboard theme
    Please let me know if this problem has already been answered, but I've spent a lot of time looking for a solution and couldn't find any discussion on this particular topic.

My issue is that I've downloaded a theme that I found from Themes modified by me and I used iFile to load it into Winterboard as a theme. The theme provides these tiny custom icon images for all of the native apps + Cydia + Winterboard, but none of the App Store ones have their own icon. Instead, the creator uses some kind of Mask/Overlay/Shadow to crop the other app icons into a shape that fits the theme a bit better. So far so good.

The issue is that I've got tons of icons that I want to substitute for the ones from the App Store. I was able to customize these using iFile. I identified the name of the original icon, created a new folder within my theme's bundles for the given app, and substituted the new image file. When I resprung, I realized that the Mask/Overlay/Shadow bugs whenever I try to swap out icons in the App Store apps. See this screenshot:

Difficulty customizing a Winterboard theme-photo-mar-13-12-06-35-am.png

I left DropBox, Sparrow, and Camera+ unedited so you can see what the overlay does when functioning normally. In the dock though, you'll see that my attempt at customizing the Google Maps icon causes a big black gap in the space between the small new icon and the larger overlay. In my attempts to diagnose the problem, I tried swapping out and customizing icons for the native apps, and this problem does not come up at all with native apps. It only occurs when I try to further customize App Store ones.

Any guidance - even a referral to another thread that addresses this topic - would be greatly appreciated! And yes, I know the theme is super embarrassing so it's painful for me to even come asking for help.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,014 Posts

Have a look here if you haven't. there is a specific section on this

It's to do with the MobileIcons and Transparent issue.

iOS6x Theme GUIDE
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Found a way around it
    I've actually found a solution from this site: Black background behind icons - CarbonX Pro - Elegant and stylish theme for your iPhone 4/4S/5!

I'm going to try the guide you linked instead, since the solution I found earlier required me to go in and change local files instead of theme files only.