+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia error 'size mismatch'

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Hey guys, was hoping someone might be able to help me out/enlighten me. Today I updated my iPhone 5 to 6.1.2 and installed evasion and began installing tweaks like iFile,
    Thanks

Default cydia error 'size mismatch'
    Hey guys, was hoping someone might be able to help me out/enlighten me.

Today I updated my iPhone 5 to 6.1.2 and installed evasion and began installing tweaks like iFile, iCleaner, MultiIconMover and Activator (haven't added any other repos) Then I bought and attempted to install Ayecon and since I hadn't downloaded Winterboard yet, it would download at the same time. The download was almost done but then I got the 'size mismatch' error.

Now, I'm fairly new at jailbreaking, the beginning of the month was my first, but I got somewhat of a hang of what to do when I ran into errors or crashes, usually thanks to posts of others. So far I have tried refreshing and reloading Cydia, removing and added back the BigBoss repo, I removed all other tweaks, resprung, etc., but have not been able to install Winterboard successfully. I keep running in to the same error message. I do realize there has been some issues with Ayecon since its newest version, but just installing Winterboard separately shouldn't be a problem, right?

Anyone, any ideas?

Thanks!
    Mi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The BigBoss repo has been having some issues the past couple of days. I know there is a update for Ayecon that surenix is trying to release. Be patient - I would think they will have it up soon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 7STANG For This Useful Post:

exqwizme (02-23-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 7STANG View Post
    The BigBoss repo has been having some issues the past couple of days. I know there is a update for Ayecon that surenix is trying to release. Be patient - I would think they will have it up soon.
    Thank you kindly for your (fast) reply, 7stang. I was wondering though, Ayecon's update shouldn't affect Winterboards ability to download, should it? I have seen people talking about Ayecon causing the error message, but no one seems to be having issues downloading Winterboard, from what I've been able to find.

Edit:

Just Jailbroke my son's 3GS Turns out that Winterboard has the same error message on his phone as well. Glad I didn't do another restore on my phone just to try and 'fix' the problem... Guess I just need to patiently sit back and wait...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cydia error 'size mismatch'-imageuploadedbymodmyi1361640972.887995.jpg  
    Last edited by exqwizme; 02-23-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks

Sitting back and waiting isnt really my thing, so i continued my quest to get this size mismatch error for winterboard resolved. Especially since I bought Ayecon and couldnt get that installed either. Not sure if this was the proper way of doing it... but it worked

With the help of posts #6 and #10 in this MacRumors Forum I used iFile to install the newest Winterboard deb and it worked like a charm.
    Last edited by exqwizme; 02-27-2013 at 12:35 AM.