+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Creating winterboard theme?

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Hey all, first of all would like to say hi, new here on the forums. But to get to business. I am really interested in making my own theme for
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Creating winterboard theme?
    Hey all, first of all would like to say hi, new here on the forums. But to get to business. I am really interested in making my own theme for winterboard. im currently on ios 6.1. I have been researching for days and watching tutorials and reading threads on creating themes for winterboard. my problem is that i have made an icon, and used cyberduck to put it on my phone. i made a Phone.png icon to test it out. It did not work on my winterboard however once i selected it in my themes. i then decided to switch to summerboard to see if it would work, and guess what, it did (even though the icon is not very good quality, could be my fault, idk, ill figure it out). but my question is why wont it work on my winterboard, am i doing something wrong? i saved it as 60x60 pixels, 8-bit, .png, yada yada all the stuff i found in every thread ive read. Anyone have any advice? much appreciated!

ps i use illustrator to create it and then put it in photoshop to save it, if that has any meaning, im new at this

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,850 Times in 6,159 Posts

First, why only 8 bit? Anyway, you need 2 copies of your icon and you need to put it here (MyTheme is the name of your theme):

Library/Themes/MyTheme/Bundles/com.apple.mobilephone

Name the icons exactly like this no capitals:

[email protected]
    icon@2x~iphone.png

They should be 118x120

You must be reading a very old tutorial.

Also some advice, don't use summerboard.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 02-10-2013 at 01:35 AM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

blizzardman (02-10-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmmm, yea i must not be finding the most current ones by any means then. how many bits should it be then because everyone that i have found has been 8bit for icons? Im gonna keep doing research but that you a ton, puts me in a better direction!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,544 Times in 1,932 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardman View Post
    hmmm, yea i must not be finding the most current ones by any means then. how many bits should it be then because everyone that i have found has been 8bit for icons? Im gonna keep doing research but that you a ton, puts me in a better direction!
    Have a read of this if you get bored. A lot of questions asked.

iOS6x Theme GUIDE
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-20-2013)