Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Date mising from calendar

Default Date mising from calendar
    Please help to resolve this - I had my 3GS on iOS 4.2.1 themed with Gladhander, . I updated to iOS 5.1.1 recently and loaded Gladhander again via Winterboard.

All is the same as on 4.2.1 with the exception of the calendar icon - this displays the day but not the date. I've been through a lot of other themes and keep coming back to Gladhander, so I'd really like for the calendar to work properly.

Can the Gladhander calendar be 'fixed' or can I replace this calendar with the stock calendar without screwing things up?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,335 Times in 2,106 Posts

Can u post a screen shot? Is this a WinterBoard theme?
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Yes, it's a Winterboard theme. See screenshot below...

-img_0035.png

Thanks

At a guess it may just need a Info.plist file to display the date. I have one as its own theme in Winterboard so I could change the colour and position etc.

Do you have iFunbox installed? Are competent at creating a folder within your "themes" directory to try the info.plist idea out?

This is an example of the code that may help display your date. It may work it may not.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CalendarIconDateStyle</key>
    <string>/*font-family: arial;*/ font-size: 40px; color: 000000 </string>

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

dataworx (10-01-2012)

Thanks Jato_BZ, I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

I've got iFunbox installed and have tinkered with it to some extent, superficially. I can't say that I'm exactly familiar with creating a Info.plist file but I'll have a look a bit later to see if I can figure it out. I'll get back to you on this..

I checked the Gladhander theme folder with iFunbox, the plist file was present but not working properly for whatever reason. I then had a look at some other themes to get an idea of how their plists worked, and noticed that one of the themes did not even have a Info.plist but rendered the calendar in that theme correctly. I then deleted the plist from the Gladhander theme folder, and the calendar now works properly. I guess that in the absence of a Info.plist file for the theme, the theme defaults to the IOS settings for the calendar?

-img_0038.png

Thanks

Yip that's right. Info plists can be used to change font type, color, sizing and position.

Good to hear you managed to sort it!

:-)