+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Transparent Theme Alternative to Glaskart Icon Woes

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Iphone 4 on IOS 5.1. Installed Glasklart HD which is suppose to have thousands of icons. Only a few icons are transparent: Voice Memos, Calc, Calendar, etc. Then some are
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Iphone 4 on IOS 5.1. Installed Glasklart HD which is suppose to have thousands of icons. Only a few icons are transparent: Voice Memos, Calc, Calendar, etc. Then some are changed to monochrome with black background, and then many are still color/solid such as Google Voice, Yelp, even Photos, Mail and Music! I have not that man Apps and most are mainstream apps. At least Photos, Mail and Music etc. should be transparent. Please don't tell me I have to SSH and do a bunch of futzing with files and folders. I'm not a teenager and don't have time for all that.

I was under the assumption this theme had the largest icon library. If there's another transparent theme that works better, please let me know!

I just realized I'm still on IOS 5.0.1. Maybe that's the issue. This is such a popular theme I'm surprised it doesn't just "work" ?

Not sure if I want to waste the time going to 5.1 just for this when I'm waiting for IOS 6 Jailbreak.

Problem was, no one told me it's not called Glasklart HD anymore. So I was installing ver. 1.5! Version 2.1 works MUCH better!
    Last edited by consultant1027; 09-04-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,253 Times in 1,865 Posts

Most likely an out dated and not maintained theme with the iOS releases. iOS6 JB will be ages away Pod2G has even said the exploits used in 5.0 - 5-1.1 are burned in iOS6. It doesn't help that apple keep recruiting jailbreakers to make their iOS's tougher to crack.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor