Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does anyone know how to fix this icon??

Default Does anyone know how to fix this icon??
    Im using the ayecon theme and i photoshopped the icon, i just cant remove the black behind it. Im a noob at photoshop (clearly)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1345562208.000779.jpg  

Hey, there's a few icons that do this, twitter, ibooks are two others.
    Your not doing anything wrong, i spend ages trying to fix mine and simply it couldn't be done.

There are certain solutions i can't recall right now but it meant changing the styles of ALL icons that i didn't find to be a satisfactory solution for me, in the end what I did was in photoshop i nabbed the background wallpaper and put that where the black is on the icon, for me, it didn't perfectly line up but it wasn't quite the eyesore it was before.

See what i mean here..... and it is better than nothing (or better than black).
    -img_1292.png
    Yes i haven't done the twitter one, but look closely at the Facebook icon, it isn't perfect.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,931 Times in 6,065 Posts

If your using Photo Shop, there has to be a layer you can disable for the black background.

I don't think that works, winterboard can't "see" the clear background on couple of icons.