+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Folder icon masking?

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Hi! I'm completely new to theming but wanted to give it a go. So far I have a lot of the stock icons skinned as well as a mask for
    What's Jailbreak? ApocalypticSpirit's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Folder icon masking?
    Hi!

I'm completely new to theming but wanted to give it a go. So far I have a lot of the stock icons skinned as well as a mask for the auto-skinning of AppStore apps. I've also made a start on skinning the Calculator app itself.

Now, the reason I'm posting. If you take a look at the screenshot below, you'll see that the icons inside of folders pop outside of the boundaries of the folder icon. So I was wondering if there was a way to mask the icon as I have with the auto-skinning of AppStore apps? Or perhaps lay the icons out in an order which would fit within the folder icon?
    Folder icon masking?-img_1670.png
    (It's in a very unfinished state at the moment so don't mind the wallpaper and such!)

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be much appreciative for the help!

Thanks

creating a tweak would be the only way to change the layout of the apps, you could take a look at the one that comes with the inPulse theme, inside of a square of 9 icons, it only has 4 closer to the middle, it may fit, although youd have to buy his theme to the dylibs for it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iGamers For This Useful Post:

ApocalypticSpirit (07-21-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,742 Times in 5,979 Posts

Springtomize has a option to disable the icon preview in Folders. Just an option.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

ApocalypticSpirit (07-21-2012)

Thanks

Thanks guys, I'll give those a try. A method within Winterboard is preferential so (if I eventually finish & release it) people can install the theme without having to install anything else.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ApocalypticSpirit View Post
    Thanks guys, I'll give those a try. A method within Winterboard is preferential so (if I eventually finish & release it) people can install the theme without having to install anything else.
    I don't think there's any way within winterboard to change the layout, however if you find someone who can create the tweak for you, you'd be able to package it with your theme and they still wouldn't have any problems, you wouldn't be able to distribute inPulses, but it is a neat tweak

Thanks

Don't worry, I have no plans to distribute others work! I'll have a look into creating this tweak once I have more of the design elements complete.