Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Status bar text color editing

Default Status bar text color editing
    I've read everything I can get my hands on on how to change the status bar text color for the clock and such. I've tried the info.plist TimeStyle edit to no avail. I just don't get it. The main springboard screen as well as a handful of apps have the same look but the majority of apps have this ragged black text with a white shadow underneath. I've downloaded numerous themes to see if I can find any way to do it and all I see working is themes that use a white background in those instances and the black text looks normal. I want my theme to have the bright white text that is on the main springboard screen to be all throughout my phone. Is this not possible?

This place appears to be a ghost town for theming help. Anyone know of a lively place for this type of info?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

We aren't exactly themers in a way, you'd have to talk to a themer on here (they have the orange names) As far as I know, you'd have to go through SpringBoard.app files and edit them out via photoshop or something. If you're on iOS 4.3.3 or lower, you can use the original Springtomize and edit the section called 'Status Bar'. You can change the color from there.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks! I'll look more into that. I'm on 5.0. I just cant wrap my brain around the two separate status bar deal going on. Ive gotten the background image to stay the same in every app but not the clock. I'd love to leave it the same as it looks on the main page all throughout.

Thanks

Since you're on 5.0, sadly the Springtomize method won't work since they haven't added that yet. Hope it works for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by drod70 View Post
    This place appears to be a ghost town for theming help. Anyone know of a lively place for this type of info?
    I would suggest any theme thread...

For the clock try Clean status bar app from Cydia....it has an option to change font color...as for battery percentage wifi and signal bars they need to be made in the color you want....
    Last edited by rumcajs; 06-01-2012 at 07:46 PM.

....DON'T SMOKE JUST VAPE!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

I run CleanStatus to change the status bar clock and carrier name color only. It works perfectly, I did have an info.plist working within WB but it didn't look right. At least with CleanStatus it keeps it pretty much the same but any color.

I use ColorClock to change my Lockscreen clock. Both seem to work well together. I think Springtomize 2 does the LS Clock but not the Status bar clock or carrier name.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    I run CleanStatus to change the status bar clock and carrier name color only. It works perfectly, I did have an info.plist working within WB but it didn't look right. At least with CleanStatus it keeps it pretty much the same but any color.

I use ColorClock to change my Lockscreen clock. Both seem to work well together. I think Springtomize 2 does the LS Clock but not the Status bar clock or carrier name.
    Yah Springtomize can't do that. I figured ways to change icon name colors without software though. Just gotta look

How ?

I'm looking to change all my status bar icons on my 3GS to purple but don't have a clue on where to start

Thanks

CleanStatus does that. And they can't be done individually unless you PhotoShop them or something.

the latest winterboard update lets you change the clock color,font,and size. Here is the part of my plist that I use to change my clock.
    <key>TimeStyle</key>
    * <string> position:absolute; top: 2px; left: 0px; font-family: PhonepadTwo; font-size: 17px; color: #00A8F4; text-shadow: #000000 0px 0px 2px</string>

Here is my springboard edited with only winterboard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1338762430.031752.jpg  
    Last edited by jags828; 06-03-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks

You can change the icon label colors in the White icon labels theme I noticed. Good for people that aren't quite themers.

Jags... where is that Plist at to mod the status bar text, color wifi..etc..