Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: What am I doing wrong?
03-11-2012, 04:15 PM #1What am I doing wrong?
Ok, I'm working on a theme, I hope so show a preview on here soon, but for some reason I can only get the Stock Icons themed, but nothing else, I've looked at other themes I've downloaded, such as Jaku and the folders are the same, but my icons just don't show up.. Any advice?
I've also tried themeing the app icon overlay/shadow/mask and still no help.. :/
03-30-2012, 01:08 PM #2
I believe the app icon shadow and overlay is only for auto-skinning App Store apps. It won't work for stock or Cydia apps. For those you need to create folders in the Bundles folder for each app you want to skin. For example: /YourThemeName/Bundles/com.clickgamer.AngryBirds/[email protected]
[email protected] is for Retina screen and icon.png is for SD screen I think.
05-15-2012, 06:33 PM #3
To theme non-stock apps using bundles (will need sb settings & ifile) you should:
1. Open the sb settings window using your gesture and select more
2. Scroll down to 'app folders'
3. Select the app you want to theme and remember the first 5 or so digits shown
4. Now open iFile and go to var/mobile/Applications
5. Find and open your app's folder
6. Open the folder with .app on the end
7. Open info.plist with the text viewer
8. find the CFBundleIdentifier key and copy the string (will be com.company.app)
9. go to yourTheme/Bundles and create a folder called 'com.company.app'
10. Go back to the info.plist file and find the key CFBundleIconFiles
11. This will tell you what you need to save your icon as
12. Save your icon in yourTheme/Bundles/com.company.app
13. go to winterboard and deselect and reselect your theme
15. Your icons should be changed!
Also make sure your theme is above any other theme in the winterboard list.
06-01-2012, 07:37 PM #4
The Following User Says Thank You to rumcajs For This Useful Post:
06-01-2012, 07:48 PM #5
I'd never actually heard of AppInfo before, I wish I had though, it's awesome! Definitely recommened as a shortcut through my method!
The Following User Says Thank You to butler007 For This Useful Post:
06-10-2012, 06:20 PM #6
This is probably too old to bump, hopefully I'm not voiding any rules. I didn't realize this topic finally got replies... But I've used App info, I had each Icon in their respective folder, but still nothing.. I've Looked at themes like Jaku and the icons are in the same exact location, I even made sure they were written the same way also, in case they were case sensititive.
06-10-2012, 06:26 PM #7
06-10-2012, 06:31 PM #8
Oh I didn't even see the dates... Well So far I think I still have the same problem... I'll try once more to see if It's resolved...
06-11-2012, 03:08 AM #9
Double check the size of your icons, I've had some problems with icons being 1px different to the original on one axis or the other and that resulting in it not being recognised by winterboard. If that's no good try emailing me with on of your non-working icons (I swear not to show anyone else/distribute it) and I'll see if I can tell what's wrong If you email me make sure you include the containing folders for the icon. Also, what device/software version are you on?Hit 'thanks' if I helped, email [email protected] with questions, requests, and compliments
06-12-2012, 01:19 AM #10
Ok, Once I get started with my 3rd Party apps I'll send you a couple to see if you can help.. And When I was originally testing the icons, I was iOS 5.0.1, Now I'm on iOS 5.1.1 but so far I haven't tested any 3rd party icons