+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard MyPad5 theme results in disabled iPhone

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Winterboard MyPad5 theme results in disabled iPhone
    Dear forum members,

I installed winterboard on my sim-unlocked and jailbroken iPhone4 and choose, among others, the MyPad5 theme. Then I had to respring the dasboard after which a very neat unlock-screen appeared that I had never seen before. The numbers to tab were small and located in the lower left corner. Very nice, but my passcode was not recognized!

After a couple of "Wrong Password" messages my iPhone is now disabled. When I restore to earlier backups, the SAME SCREEN keeps appearing (even though Winterboard was not on the device at the time of the previous backup???) and even though I surely enter the correct passcode, it says "wrong passcode"??

The iPhone does not connect through WiFi so I cannot ssh to the device to remove the themes manually.

Please take note of this behaviour, I must not be the only one with this véry nasty problem.

Rusmor.

iPhone4 jailbroken and sim-unlocked
    v4.1
    baseband v1.59.00
    Last edited by rusmor; 11-20-2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Strike obsolete

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Update:

Finally I had to do a complete restore from another ipsw and then restore from a backup before I installed Winterboard.
    I learned a lot but wasted my day ;(

My advice: if you are in my situation (iPhone 4 v4.1, baseband v1.59.00 - jailbroken and sim-unlocked) do NOT install Winterboard and select the MyPad5 theme because you will get a new screen where to put your passcode and it will NOT recognize your passcode and you are scr#wed!
    Last edited by rusmor; 11-20-2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Clarification