Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard + iOS 5 + iPhone 4 = Remarkable difference in page scrolling?

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Winterboard + iOS 5 + iPhone 4 = Remarkable difference in page scrolling?
    Ok so after installing and jailbreaking it.Everything worked fine and then i installed winterboard.Again everything fine.Then Saurik releases teh latest winterboard. 0.9.3903 i guess and then my problem started.The page scrolling with winterboard on in mobile substrate was slow.Slow as if using ios4 on iphone 3g.Everything else is fine. Music scrolling,Apps opening closing.ts the page scrolling thats the only thing that has slowed down and how.After extensive searching got 2-3 posts on various sites with same problem.
    I restored.Rejailbroke.Same Problem.

Anyone else having this problem??
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

Yeah I have it too. Happened right after the last update. Hopefully Saurik patches it soon, winterboard updates don't happen too often. I've tried everything imaginable, nothing works. The only thing that works is disabling winterboard which isn't an option for me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiatello View Post
    Yeah I have it too. Happened right after the last update. Hopefully Saurik patches it soon, winterboard updates don't happen too often. I've tried everything imaginable, nothing works. The only thing that works is disabling winterboard which isn't an option for me.
    I can't seem to get into sauriks irc. If u can then nag him. He doesn't like listening though. Gets hundreds of thousands from Cydia but runs Cydia like a school project lol.. I went back to iOS 4. I m not going back till I get a proper jb and fixed up apps

Not sure if you've figured it out already, but if you install Barrel, the problem goes away. Even without using any of Barrel's scrolling styles (so just selecting none in Barrel), the choppiness goes away.
    Can't say I understand why, but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by duval67 View Post
    Not sure if you've figured it out already, but if you install Barrel, the problem goes away. Even without using any of Barrel's scrolling styles (so just selecting none in Barrel), the choppiness goes away.
    I found the same thing. Barrel seems to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by duval67 View Post
    I want to say that Winterboard is used for some minor scrolling effect tweaks, but the implementing causes a lag in the native scrolling in iOS. Barrel might fix the problem by reverting back to the original native scrolling of iOS instead of Winterboard. Just a theory, but it sounds logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillefied View Post
    I want to say that Winterboard is used for some minor scrolling effect tweaks, but the implementing causes a lag in the native scrolling in iOS. Barrel might fix the problem by reverting back to the original native scrolling of iOS instead of Winterboard. Just a theory, but it sounds logical.
    Makes sense to me.