Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: how to download themes

  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default how to download themes
    Hi I have a iphone 4 from verizon, I paid and got the **winterboard application** I need to know how to download themes from this site onto my phone.
    Thank You

  2. #2
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Winterboard is free. You should probably go get a refund.

    You can download themes in Cydia.

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    No where near you
    Posts
    1,357
    Thanks
    294
    Thanked 196 Times in 133 Posts

    Yep. Winterboard is free, idk why/where you would buy it. All themes are available for purchase (some are free) via Cydia. Or you can download the app themeit from Cydia.

  4. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Winterboard is free. You should probably go get a refund.

    You can download themes in Cydia.
    I got it from the apple app store, my iphone thru verizon, where can I get the cydia or winter board download for free? also does it make a difference with cydia that my iphone is not jailbroken?

  5. #5
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,714
    Thanks
    6,948
    Thanked 15,485 Times in 7,088 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DARLALYN1 View Post
    I got it from the apple app store, my iphone thru verizon, where can I get the cydia or winter board download for free? also does it make a difference with cydia that my iphone is not jailbroken?
    you dont get winterboard from the app store. Little confused.

    Edit: just did a search in the app store and there is indeed a winterboard app. That is not the same winterboard app used for real themes on jailbroken phones though.

  6. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    you dont get winterboard from the app store. Little confused.
    on my iphone I went to the (apple) app store & searched winterboard, it came up I could get it for $2.99 so I purchased it, after looking thru the app it really excuse my words (sux).

  7. #7
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,714
    Thanks
    6,948
    Thanked 15,485 Times in 7,088 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DARLALYN1 View Post
    on my iphone I went to the (apple) app store & searched winterboard, it came up I could get it for $2.99 so I purchased it, after looking thru the app it really excuse my words (sux).

    Check my edit in my above post

  8. #8
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Check my edit in my above post
    Hi thanks for your help, can I download cydia & the right version of winter board on a iphone that is not jailbroken? if so can you tell me where to go to do this, thank you

  9. #9
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,714
    Thanks
    6,948
    Thanked 15,485 Times in 7,088 Posts

    No, you have to be jailbroken to get cydia and winterboard.

  10. #10
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    You will have to jailbreak, like Simon said. It depends on what firmware version you are on whether you can have an untethered jailbreak or not, and which tool to use.

  11. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You will have to jailbreak, like Simon said. It depends on what firmware version you are on whether you can have an untethered jailbreak or not, and which tool to use.
    the network is thru Verizon version 4.2.10 (8E600) modem firmware 1.0.06, I won't jailbreak it, so if that's the only way I will just have to stick with wallpapers... I've had a jailbroke phone when I was with Tmobile loved cydia and winter board theme's, thanks for both of your help with this

  12. #12
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Ah well it would have been a tethered jailbreak anyway. Best not do that.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •