+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What do you want fixed in WinterBoard? Please let me know!

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Hi guys. So, I'm working on an update for WinterBoard to incorporate fixes for issues in iOS4 and later, and on Retina devices (and iPad?). PLEASE, if you have ideas
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb What do you want fixed in WinterBoard? Please let me know!
    Hi guys. So, I'm working on an update for WinterBoard to incorporate fixes for issues in iOS4 and later, and on Retina devices (and iPad?). PLEASE, if you have ideas for fixes you'd like to see, post them here. I understand this forum is filled with problems you guys have been having, so repost specific issue reports here (no matter how obvious they may seem).

Bugs that have already been fixed:
    - Folder/App Switcher caching the linen background. You don't need to use FolderFixer or whatever now.
    - Implemented a [email protected]/.jpg solution for Retina themes.

This update will not be released until (1) it has enough fixes for it to be worth it, and (2) until it has been thoroughly tested on different devices / firmwares. So also, if you have a device on firmware 4.0 or later, please let me know if you're interested in beta testing updates!

Thank you.
    Last edited by NickFrey; 08-17-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

How does the wallpaper solution work? I thought that wallpapers were cached in a different area now?

That alone would probably be worth the update

How about fixing the linkage to the shared.artwork folder?* Currently on Retina devices we need to provide a non-@2x version for every @2x version. Can you possibly make it so that only having the @2x versions will still work?

*theme/UIImages and theme/folders/UIKit.framework

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jahooba - I don't think WinterBoard's implementation of custom homescreen wallpapers is affected whatsoever by caching, because it overlays the themed wallpaper on top of whatever one you have chosen in Settings. To clarify, the [email protected] solution is for theming the home screen background with a Retina-sized image, as currently doing that with Wallpaper.png produces strange stretching.

I'll look into the artwork linkage problem, thanks. As far as only having an @2x image, I'm not sure; that might be tricky.

Thanks for your reply, any other ideas?
    Last edited by NickFrey; 08-17-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Hmm, ok I've got another one: an "Apply" button.

The button would appear after you make a change to the list. This would do two things:

When you press "Apply" it will wipe the icon cache, then display a pop-up asking if you want to "Respring" or to "Restart."

Can you add new features like this?

Also, I'll work with you on testing if you'd like.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How about fixing the issue of black backgrounds/borders behind appstore app icons in themes like CarbonX Pro HD.

Currently there is a workaround to rename a stock iDevice file, but it has the disadvantage of making unskinned icons appear not rounded and inconsistent.

PM me if this doesn't make sense.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Two things I would like fixed (I'm on 4.3.3 so these may work on other firmware versions). Folder icon and folder background not being themed. And the power off slider box and lockscreen unlock slider box not being themed.