Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme Reference?

Default Theme Reference?
    Hi new to the forum and the iphone in general.

Just wondering if there is a reference page for creating themes for winterboard?

Mostly looking to see if there are listeners for the scroll to unlock slider, changing the behavior of the slider, and how to change the behavior of app buttons like adding physics with the gyroscope and animations.

Are these even possible with winterboard?

Thanks in advance.

If there's a single reference page for WinterBoard I've never seen it

Basically it just takes dozens and dozens of hours of reading/ researching to find the answers, so in a way, ALL OF Modmyi is kind of a badly-organized reference page.

WinterBoard can substitute any file within the folder you're theming, I believe. So, if you can somehow deconstruct a program's compiled files, make the changes, then add it to your theme, it should work when you start the program. I've tried this to a limited capacity and it worked, but I'm far from an expert on the subject.

However, it seems like the stuff you want to do (the more advanced stuff) would be better handled by a mobilesubstrate application, and not through WinterBoard. Or, if you really want to use WinterBoard, there are a number of HTML widgets you can take apart to see how they work.

You may want to peruse Saurik's site for more guidance? Table of Contents - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Or maybe post your question in the developer's thread: OS Apps and Development

Thanks for the response. Ill look into mobilesubstrate. I think I would like to keep it to winterboard. I just like the idea of changing themes quickly but I don't like how most themes are just image changes. I wish I had more time to mess around with the phone. I was hoping there was a page with all the information so I didn't have to spend so much time looking around for it. Oh well it makes it more fun for me I guess :P