+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need help finding a directory!!

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
I have looked everywhere I know to look. I am trying to manually change the color of my Signal, WiFi/3G/E, and battery icons in my status bar to specific colors.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default I need help finding a directory!!
    I have looked everywhere I know to look. I am trying to manually change the color of my Signal, WiFi/3G/E, and battery icons in my status bar to specific colors. Can someone help me by telling me the directory of where to find these separate images? THANKS!

After much exploring, I did find where these files are located. Can anyone tell me how I should edit them since the .png file can't be opened?
    Last edited by imadrowningfish; 04-26-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,013 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imadrowningfish View Post
    I have looked everywhere I know to look. I am trying to manually change the color of my Signal, WiFi/3G/E, and battery icons in my status bar to specific colors. Can someone help me by telling me the directory of where to find these separate images? THANKS!

After much exploring, I did find where these files are located. Can anyone tell me how I should edit them since the .png file can't be opened?
    CleanStatus allows u to do this

Thanks
    Thanked 1,709 Times in 845 Posts

They're in a .artwork file on the device, which means you have to download the decoded files. Here.

Then you need to look in the Shared folder. All of these go into the UIImages folder of your theme.

On Retina Display devices you need both the regular and @2x versions in your UIImages folder for your changes to show. Don't ask me why. The low-res version isn't actually used, it just has to be named the same and in the same directory - you can, in fact, simply make the non-@2x version a 1x1 transparent pixel if you want; doesn't matter.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    They're in a .artwork file on the device, which means you have to download the decoded files. Here.

Then you need to look in the Shared folder. All of these go into the UIImages folder of your theme.

On Retina Display devices you need both the regular and @2x versions in your UIImages folder for your changes to show. Don't ask me why. The low-res version isn't actually used, it just has to be named the same and in the same directory - you can, in fact, simply make the non-@2x version a 1x1 transparent pixel if you want; doesn't matter.

THANK YOU! This is exactly what I needed. I hope you don't mind helping me a little more though. (I have fallen out of the loop with jailbreaking lately.) What I have been doing is downloading "use in winterboard" applications via cydia and then editing those files from /private/var/stash/Themes. The UIImages folder is where I am lost? I think I remember reading I need to manually create that directory? Also, I am only seeing Charging, Charged, and DrainingInsides images for the header battery. Are those the only three images I need to color to change all the different percentages? Hope you see this!

Tell me if this is accurate-
    I will make a folder in /Themes named whatever. Then I add /Themes/______/UIImages. In that folder I add these images and that is it?
    Last edited by imadrowningfish; 04-27-2011 at 01:22 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,013 Times in 915 Posts

That sounds about right but I don't theme anymore so i could be wrong.

There's a thread called: Guide Theming for 4.x

You'll get ALL your Theming answers there!