+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: colorize signal bars and battery on statusbar

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Is there a theme of some kind that will allow me to add color icons for the signal bars (ex. cellular and wifi) and the battery icon? I have come
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default colorize signal bars and battery on statusbar
    Is there a theme of some kind that will allow me to add color icons for the signal bars (ex. cellular and wifi) and the battery icon?

I have come across a few but none that work reliably on my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.1
    I did install winterboard

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kioes's Avatar
    Thanks

SSH into your theme folder (for any custom theme installed into winterboard) then in the UIImages folder you will find things like Black_Signal (cbf looking into my folders but its along those lines (Obviously "Signal" for your signal strength and "Wifi" for you wireless strength)) then there are two sets, "Black_x" and "Silver_x" you must replace all of these (to do with signal and wifi) with your desired images (in the same resolution obviously).
    Hit the thanks button if i helped in anyway

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kioes For This Useful Post:

HeavyG (01-25-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I will definitely take a look at that. Thanks!

Is there any way that I can copy these images and modify them for a new theme? That way I can go back if I decide to

I found the folder you mentioned, but I do not have a battery icon theme. How can I change the plain battery icon on the status bar?

Also, in the wifi theme I found there are more than one color icon. How do I know which one is being used?
    Last edited by tonyvr4; 03-02-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kioes's Avatar
    Thanks

With the wifi one i believe there black, white and blue? correct me if im wrong? yet again replace al with desired images, umm, im not at my computer ATM so i cant send you a set of Signal bars, but if you download a theme with custom ones you will be able to pull the files i told you about from the UIImages folder,

thanks is appreciated ;D
    Hit the thanks button if i helped in anyway

Thanks
    There is one called rainbow carrier if you search in cydia. I have it working reliably on my iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1. And yes, I did make the theme.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_squared View Post
    There is one called rainbow carrier if you search in cydia. I have it working reliably on my iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1. And yes, I did make the theme.
    That works great for the cellular signal bars. I really like that one

But I am still looking for one for the wifi and the battery icon on the status bar.

I found a few color ones for wifi on cydia, but none work with iOS 4.2.1