Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G, ios4.1, springborard icons overlay in background rendered without themeing

Default 3G, ios4.1, springborard icons overlay in background rendered without themeing
    i'm using winterboard on iphon 3G with ios4.1 with a custom theme.
    all icons and the folder background themed well, but when opening a folder, the springboard icons under the opened folder view (the grayed in the background) are changing back to the none skinned (original) version.

i'm afraid it is not a caching problem like the folder background changing on ios 4.x ([ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1028328]Changing Folder Backgrounds not working on 4.1 JAILBREAK ??? SOLUTION FOUND!!! - MacRumors Forums[/ame]), may be winterboard not hooks this new (folder opening) event and ios renders the background page from the original icons.

any clue how to solve this!?

tia
    hofi

Quote Originally Posted by Hofi View Post
    i'm using winterboard on iphon 3G with ios4.1 with a custom theme.
    all icons and the folder background themed well, but when opening a folder, the springboard icons under the opened folder view (the grayed in the background) are changing back to the none skinned (original) version.

i'm afraid it is not a caching problem like the folder background changing on ios 4.x (Changing Folder Backgrounds not working on 4.1 JAILBREAK ??? SOLUTION FOUND!!! - MacRumors Forums), may be winterboard not hooks this new (folder opening) event and ios renders the background page from the original icons.

any clue how to solve this!?

tia
    hofi
    I believe we have the same issue, and I found a workaround you could use if you have an iPhone browser software like iPhoneExplorer (Free for Mac and PC) =)

Check out my post on the forum HERE for the fix and lemme know if you need any help

Okay, I have 4.1 on a 3GS...

I'm trying to "save" my 4.0 theme and remake it to the 4.1 that I am now "STUCK" with.

After hours of T&E to get a colored status battery and custom SMS bubbles. I have one last MAJOR thing to solve and fix, which is the "faded" icons that appear whenever you have a folder open.

On 4.0 it used to be completely black for me except for the white outline lines that dictated the size and shape of my folder. Now it is more of a charcoal grey with "faded" versions of my icons showing.

-Someone on another post said something about the "GhostlyIconMask.png" file which I have come to the conclusion my phone does not have.
    -Someone else on the same forum said if you dont have a "GhostlyIconMask.png" to copy and rename some "AppIconxx.png" files and respring. That failed.
    -Someone else said something about deleting some file in my var/mobile/library/caches directory which I have tried a few times only to have it come right back as soon as I respring my system.

I am out of ideas and getting rather annoyed by this because it is ruining my no icon/transparent theme I have had on my phone ever since I bought my first one.

Anyone have any idea?

P.S. if there is a way to get Theme controlled SMS/Lockscreen control back that would be really cool too.

--EDIT--
    If someone can help me have a Custom Background show while a folder is open that would be awsome. The all black was getting abit old, I was just putting up with it.
    Last edited by PacoJon; 09-03-2011 at 01:11 AM.