Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help Naming Icon Folders (iOS4)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Caboose1408's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Need Help Naming Icon Folders (iOS4)
    I have all the default icons customized but I don't know some of the icon folder names. Ex:"Theme Name/Folders/AppStore.app"
    I'm trying to make a theme iOS4 compatible.

The folder names I don't know are:
    Phone Icon
    Compass Icon
    Messages Icon
    Game Center Icon

I've run into similar issues but I don't know if it's my folder names being wrong or the name of the icons being wrong as I've heard they aren't all icon.png, some have another name...

edit:

Took out the list (most were severely out of date, 3 of the 16 worked was all, check the last attachment in this thread for the most up-to-date list
    Last edited by Glycereine; 08-13-2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Glycereine For This Useful Post:

Lulzim (11-23-2010)

Here are the ones I found so far. The app name in parenthesis is the text under the icon which doesn't always match the actual app name:

These should all be in Themes/themename.theme/Folders/appname.app/iconname.app

The appname and iconname are what are below (Capitalization matters!!)

I am still figuring out the rest of my apps icons and several are quite simple. it's important to note that in some instances icon is capitalized and in others its not. This is the difference between working and not working.

hope this helped someone other than me. I'll post the rest as I get them figured out.

edit:
    Removed list. Although accurate it only had about 12 app folders and icon names. Check the attachment below for the best list.
    Last edited by Glycereine; 08-13-2010 at 03:06 PM.

attached are folder names and icon names for the apps I currently know (around 80).

Hope this is of help to some people.

Remember capitalization is key

edit: removed attachement for the more up-to-date one below
    Last edited by Glycereine; 08-13-2010 at 03:05 PM.

bah sorry about that, it's alphabetized now
    Attached Files Attached Files

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Glycereine For This Useful Post:

patrick1227 (08-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Caboose1408's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn. You got a lot of app names.
    I figured out the problem but thank you and whoever else visits this will thank you too.

I have found a few errors and will update them after I have doublechecked all the rest.

The most noticeable ones are that even when an @2x file exists in the original app folder, sometims the app is still using the one without @2x. So if you run into any issues with an @2x not replacing the icon, try again without it.

Also icon size (I forgot to mention this before) does NOT need to be 60x60. In fact I am using all 256x256 for higher definition.

the vast majority seem to be right.

The other thing I've noticed though is that if there is an icon that has 114x114 in its name, that is the one used on the iphone 4, not the 57x57 ones. This may or may not need an @2x as well.

Should have an updated list that is 100% accurate for the apps listed this week.