+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dock icons too high?

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Just recently had to restore my touch to iOS4, and jailbroke it, installed winterboard and got my old theme back from when I had 3.1.2. Problem is that this time,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Dock icons too high? [SOLVED]
    Just recently had to restore my touch to iOS4, and jailbroke it, installed winterboard and got my old theme back from when I had 3.1.2. Problem is that this time, the home icons are too scrunched together and the dock icons are too high seen here:

Is there any file I can edit through iFile or SSH or something to fix this?
    Last edited by LegendaryXM90; 08-05-2010 at 01:29 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryXM90 View Post
    Just recently had to restore my touch to iOS4, and jailbroke it, installed winterboard and got my old theme back from when I had 3.1.2. Problem is that this time, the home icons are too scrunched together and the dock icons are too high seen here:

Is there any file I can edit through iFile or SSH or something to fix this?
    i had the same problem with one of my themes
    go into :
    "your theme"/bundles/com.apple.springboard
    or "your theme""/Folders/Springboard.app

whichever path is used for your theme

and i deleted SBDockBG.png and all the icons lined up

hope this helps
    Last edited by Ice9812; 08-05-2010 at 12:53 AM.
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just looked in the directory, and I don't think that'd be my best choice. SBDockBG.png is the dock image you see in the picture there, and I actually like that dock The dock alt is just the grey background of that dock without the blue designs on the side. :[ Isn't there a file somewhere with the coordinates for icon locations or something?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryXM90 View Post
    I just looked in the directory, and I don't think that'd be my best choice. SBDockBG.png is the dock image you see in the picture there, and I actually like that dock : The dock alt is just the grey background of that dock without the blue designs on the side. :[ Isn't there a file somewhere with the coordinates for icon locations or something?
    See my post here:
    iOS4 Themes Truble

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ah, thank you for that. We're on the right track now. I resized the dock image high to half, around 46 px, and the icons line up properly now, but it looks really awkward because the image is squished and only comes up half-way through the dock icons. Isn't there some way I can make it fully extend up without it moving the icons?

EDIT: YAY! I had a revelation and I found a workaround! I deleted the dock image from my theme, went into Winterboard and enabled the Transparent Dock, SSH'd into that and resized that image by half since it had the same icon height problem, and then worked some MS Paint magic and pasted my theme's old dock image onto my wallpaper. Everything looks perfect now!

Last edited by LegendaryXM90; 08-05-2010 at 01:21 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LegendaryXM90 For This Useful Post:

hypnotik78 (12-02-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

The route you are talking with putting your dock image on your wallpaper works. It appears the dock is just natively a smaller portion of the screen now than it was previously.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but this seems to be similar to what I am facing. Only I don't have Winterboard. I got this problem after I tried to eliminate the dock image using BossPaper. Now my dock is too high like in this thread. I don't know how to bringi it back down. Deleting BossPaper had no effect on this. Can anyone help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you!
    This solved my dock issue. It was sooo pissing me off, now just to figure out how to change the folder backgrounds!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After realizing the problem was with the dock image, I went to cydia and downloaded a package called "glass docks". Simply select a pretty color of your liking and make sure it's at the top of your themes list, and voilą. It works with your current theme and fixes the raised dock issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I too was having the same prob and pasted the dock to the wallpaper via Photoshop.

Thanks

Default yup
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice9812 View Post
    i had the same problem with one of my themes
    go into :
    "your theme"/bundles/com.apple.springboard
    or "your theme""/Folders/Springboard.app

whichever path is used for your theme

and i deleted SBDockBG.png and all the icons lined up

hope this helps
    I've had to do this many times. It doesnt matter what theme folder you delete this SBDockBG.png from, just delete it.. No harm no foul

Thanks

The problem is that the dock size is different for different devices/firmwares. Some (outdated) tutorials have you make a dock with a height of (correct me if I'm wrong) 96 or something pixels, when it should be 49(I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac View Post
    I've had to do this many times. It doesnt matter what theme folder you delete this SBDockBG.png from, just delete it.. No harm no foul
    On the contrary, it does matter where you delete the SBDockBG.png image from. If you delete it from the wrong theme, it will delete the dock for that theme. And it shouldn't be outside of either one of those folders.