Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hi-Def Lockscreen Image Displayed in Lo-Def?

Default Hi-Def Lockscreen Image Displayed in Lo-Def?
    In a Winterboard theme, what controls the resolution of the lockscreen graphic display? I've got the Apple Wallpaper (30 Random changing wallpapers) theme. I replaced the wallpapers images with 640x960 resolution wallpapers for my iPhone 4 but the lockscreen is displaying them in lo resolution so I only see a portion of the image. The html file for the theme has no references to resolution. The configuration.js file has just three lines to set three variables (non of them resolution). So why isn't it showing the .jpg file it its naitive resolution of 640x960. The files work fine if I set them via Settings and turn off the Winterboard theme.

<!--
    Wallpaper and Lockscreen random cycler
    Author: Jay Zhang (AKA moogoat)
    -->
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><html><head>
    <script src="configuration.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    document.write('<style type="text/css">body{background: black url('+LOCK_WALLPATH+(((new Date()).getTime()%LOCK_WPNUM)+1)+'.'+LOCK_IMGTYPE+ ');}</style>');
    </script>
    </head>
    <body>
    </body></html>

This seems it may be related.

iPhone 4 Winterboard Wackiness

What is interesting is BossPaper seems to handle hi-def images fine, but unfortunately it doesn't control the lockscreen wallpaper, let alone, can rotate it through several different images.

Another thread that seems to indicate Winterboard does not support the retina display resolution?

iphone 4 section in cydia
    Last edited by consultant1027; 08-04-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hello,

its easy, it seems that winterboard doesnt support retina images, and bosspaper doesnt use winterboard.
    so you have to resize the images to 320 by 480, then it will be perfect.
    this is what I did and its hard to see the difference.
    I used ResizePhoto,*mod edit* this works perfect for resizing your images right on your iphone, very easy to use.

ciao!
    Last edited by 2k1; 12-14-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Talking about or any discussion of warez or piracy on this site is illegal please read forum rules.

Forum Rules