Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dock will not change

Default Dock will not change
    I have a Iphone 3Gs that i cant get the dock to change with winterboard. No matter what I do the dock remains stock. It has been like this for a while and I have ignored it, but now it is starting to get to me...lol. I have uninstalled every theme, winterboard, and five row dock. reinstalled winterboard, downloaded a theme and the dock is still stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I cannot do a restore because I missed the ECID SHSH in cydia.

Thanks
    Last edited by jason_wehrwein; 09-15-2009 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,187 Times in 6,203 Posts

Have you tried using "Transparent Dock" in Winterboard?

Yea, nothing changes. I have unchecked everything but transparent dock, still nothing…

just change it manually. var/system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/ and the dock is namme as "SBDockBG.png"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ekidd For This Useful Post:

jason_wehrwein (09-16-2009), whereswaldo (01-21-2010)

Default Thanks!!
    Thanks for your help, that worked. Only thing is I had a "SBDockBG" and a "SBDockBG2" I had to change "SBdockBG2" in order for it to work...Guess thats why winterboard wont change it, because it changes "SBDockBG"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I also found out that if you added "SBDockBG" and "SBDockBG2" to the Bundles/com.apple.springboard folder in the theme that you want the dock for it. (change the dock.ping to "SBDockBG" and make a copy and name it "SBDockBG2" and there u go)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redflame For This Useful Post:

Junkie2 (05-13-2010), swol_je (10-08-2010)

Yes and thAnks I believe I figured that out…thanks for all your help

Are you placing Transparent Dock above your Theme? I was having the same problem till I found out that you need to place your options above the theme for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by ekidd View Post
    just change it manually. var/system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/ and the dock is namme as "SBDockBG.png"
    Yeah how do you do this exactly I'm sort of new to this stuff

wait how did you fix it? b/c im having the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by ekidd View Post
    Manually change it in what? where? can someone help me? i have the same problem with app icons keyboard and dock!

Quote Originally Posted by redflame View Post
    I also found out that if you added "SBDockBG" and "SBDockBG2" to the Bundles/com.apple.springboard folder in the theme that you want the dock for it. (change the dock.ping to "SBDockBG" and make a copy and name it "SBDockBG2" and there u go)
    this worked perfectly.

steps:

1) make a copy of the dock.png included in the original folder (dont delete originals)

2) make two copies called "SBDockBG.png" and "SBDockBG2.png"

3) SSH these two new files into the themes/illumine/bundles/com.apple.springboard

4) respring !

Default how do you do this?
    [font=purple]
    Quote Originally Posted by yakabod View Post
    Are you placing Transparent Dock above your Theme? I was having the same problem till I found out that you need to place your options above the theme for it to work.
    [/]

how is it that you place certain settings above the theme?

Green Apple
    Thanks

im having the same problem, ive done everything that was recommended and still does not work....can someone help me? when i pick a theme the default dock does not change

Ok look, with the new updates the dock has changed. Originally you just had to call it "dock" but that has changed. In a theme there are lots of folders. You can see them by SSH or iFile (if you don't know what those things are then YouTube it.) So instead of it being called "dock" in the root of the file it has a new name/place. It goes in the "bundles" folder and then inside of a "com.apple.springboard" folder. In there it has to be called "SBDockBG" then you also have to have an exact copy of it in the same place called "SBDockBG2". That is how it works on these new firmwares. So you can SSH in and change it on your themes to work.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to avery144 For This Useful Post:

Jerzdre (06-17-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

so im doing everything from inside the theme folder right?i wouldnt have to go into system/library/coreservices/springboard.app and change anything right? @ AVERY144 ???

AVERY144 thank you SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! YOU DONT KNOW HOW HELPFUL YOU WERE JUST NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG THANK YOU...I DID EVERYTHING U TOLD ME TO DO! STEP MY STEP AND IT WORKED!!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP
    Last edited by Jerzdre; 06-17-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm experiencing this problem again. I have jailbroken on firmware 4.3.3, and I cannot change the default dock icon. It's always the reflective pane of glass.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Update and that will do the trick or it's not compatible