+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: question about making icons/widgets

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Ok so I am new to the iphone stuff.. got my first iphone with the 3gs and I have jb if i didnt i wouldnt be asking how to do
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default question about making icons/widgets
    Ok so I am new to the iphone stuff.. got my first iphone with the 3gs and I have jb if i didnt i wouldnt be asking how to do this stuff nor would i be on these forums. Anyways my questions are.. How do i go about making my own icons.. lets help me change one and I should be able to figure how to change the others. so my icon i want to change is the app icon. I made my own but what steps do i need to take to put it on my phone. I have iphone broswer and winscp so what i need to know is what to name the folders (case sensitive) and the location. remember Im knew to this so please keep it simple for me.. Eventually i want to make myself an entire theme. Thanks in advance
    p.s i have winter board and would like to name my Theme Carbon fiber. so i think it should be named Cabon Fiber.theme correct? so to help me out would be like saying something like this.. Bundles/Icons or whatever the names must be
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by z28kid; 07-30-2009 at 09:24 PM.

iTJ
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z28kid View Post
    Ok so I am new to the iphone stuff.. got my first iphone with the 3gs and I have jb if i didnt i wouldnt be asking how to do this stuff nor would i be on these forums. Anyways my questions are.. How do i go about making my own icons.. lets help me change one and I should be able to figure how to change the others. so my icon i want to change is the app icon. I made my own but what steps do i need to take to put it on my phone. I have iphone broswer and winscp so what i need to know is what to name the folders (case sensitive) and the location. remember Im knew to this so please keep it simple for me.. Eventually i want to make myself an entire theme. Thanks in advance
    p.s i have winter board and would like to name my Theme Carbon fiber. so i think it should be named Cabon Fiber.theme correct? so to help me out would be like saying something like this.. Bundles/Icons or whatever the names must be
    Exactly. Create a folder called "Carbon Fiber" (no quotes of course). You won't need the .theme after the name. Make sure your folder permissions are set at 0755. Inside the theme folder create a folder called "Icons". Now all your icons will go in that folder. The names of your icons will be spelled the way they appear on the springboard. All names are case sensitive. This will get you started on your theme.

After your folders are setup SSH them to /var/stash/Themes.xxxxx (the xxxxx will be different for everyone), then activate them through WinterBoard.

You could download different themes and see how they are setup. Of course if you use anything from a different theme just give credit to them, because a lot of people put a lot of time into making their theme.
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

z28kid (08-01-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks.... I was just doing something wrong.. I was reading too many tuts on how to do it and all i was doing was confusing myself.. You did everything i asked and broke it down and made it simple for me. Now im rockin