+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard 0.9.2958 install

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
Can someone tell me how to install winterboard 0.9.2958-2 In Cydia, the only version of Winterboard I can find is 0.9.27 Do I need to re-jailbreak to install this newer
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Winterboard 0.9.2958 install
    Can someone tell me how to install winterboard 0.9.2958-2

In Cydia, the only version of Winterboard I can find is 0.9.27

Do I need to re-jailbreak to install this newer version? Even when I use PWNAGE tool, the only version I see is 0.9.2796-1

When I go into Cydia, I cannot update to a newer version. BUT when I check the version history, I can see that there is definitely a version 0.9.2958-2

I am using a MacBook Pro, OS 10.5.7, iTunes 8.2.1 and have Pwnage tool 3.0.1 and an iPhone 3G with OS 3.0 jailbroken.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

O
    B unce!

Thanks

Did you try to remove it then re-install?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

I have a similar setup as you and I did update to 9.2958-2 with no probs.Try rebooting the phone, then going to Cydia with a fresh start. However I found this on the net:
    "First, you need to JB your iPhone using purplera1n RC2, RC2a or redsn0w 0.8. If you did a JB using purplera1n RC1, then you MUST run the latest purplera1n on your iPhone again in order to receive additional kernel patches. Do not worry, you do not need to restore, just run the program again right over top of your old JB. If you do not know which version of purplera1n you used to JB your 3GS, then it's perfectly safe to download the latest version and run it again. The update is fast, so no worries.

Secondly, you MUST have the latest version of Mobile Substrate installed. The latest version is 0.9.2958-1. You can just load up Cydia, search on "Mobile" and you should find Mobile Substrate.

When you install Winterboard, make sure it's the newest version, which is 0.9.2958-2.

And lastly, if Cydia tells you to upgrade a component on your iPhone, do it!"

Good luck.

Thanks

BS on the RC2 Purplerain, I've never loaded the RC2 and everything is running fine on mine.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

For the record, that quote is a solution I read about on another forum. I updated without problems. Just tried to help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ihave my iphone 3g with 3.0 red and ultrasn0wed. and then i try to install swirlyMMS but after finishing installation, the phone failed to reboot. i just the apple logo keep try to reboot. what should i do?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elisa fitri View Post
    ihave my iphone 3g with 3.0 red and ultrasn0wed. and then i try to install swirlyMMS but after finishing installation, the phone failed to reboot. i just the apple logo keep try to reboot. what should i do?
    If holding the home and power button and rebooting doesn't help, you may have to restore and jailbreak again.
    Why would you install Swirly when 3.0 has MMS, just wondering.