Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 OS, HTML LockBackgrounds

Default 3.0 OS, HTML LockBackgrounds
    I'm trying to use a freely available 'Calendar Lock Background' package that is available via Cydia.

When using 2.2.1, it worked perfectly and displayed the date, calculated using javascript on top of a LockBackground.png image.

Now I have upgraded to 3.0, I tried to use the same package again but whenever I have the LockBackground.html file in the Theme's folder, the Lock Background on my iPhone shows up as solid black.

When I remove the HTML file and only leave the Lock.Background.png image, the image shows up fine.

The contents of the html file is as following;

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>DateWidget for Lockscreen</title>
    <script language="Javascript">
    var this_weekday_name_array = new Array("Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday")	//predefine weekday names

var this_date_timestamp=new Date()	//get current day-time stamp

var this_weekday = this_date_timestamp.getDay()	//extract weekday
    var this_date = this_date_timestamp.getDate()	//extract day of month

var this_weekday_string = this_weekday_name_array[this_weekday]
    var this_day_string = this_date

</script>
    </head>
    <body background-color="transparent">
    <div style="position: absolute; top: 187px; left: 100px; width: 120px; height: 60px; text-align:center; font-family:Helvetica; font-weight:bold; font-size: 60px; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.7); text-shadow: rgba(255,255,255,0) 0px 0px 0px">
    <script language="JavaScript">document.write(this_day_string)</script>
    </div>
    <div style="position: absolute; top: 245px; left: 100px; width: 120px; height: 60px; text-align:center; font-family:Helvetica; font-size: 15px; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.7); text-shadow: rgba(255,255,255,0) 0px 0px 0px">
    <script language="JavaScript">document.write(this_weekday_string)</script>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>
    has anyone else had similar issues?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem as you! My file LockBackground.html serves me for showing an original clock on the lockscreen : the clock is here, but the wallpaper is black. LockBackground.png does not display.
    Something escapes us...

Quote Originally Posted by MaVerick! View Post
    I have the same problem as you! My file LockBackground.html serves me for showing an original clock on the lockscreen : the clock is here, but the wallpaper is black. LockBackground.png does not display.
    Something escapes us...
    Oh, do you have the font set to white? I wasn't sure if the HTML was being displayed as I couldn't see anything with the black background :P