+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard with Firmware 3.0 Glitches

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
1. The keyboard themes do not work. 2. The status bar (The bar at the top with the battery life and time) at the top disappears going in and out
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Winterboard with Firmware 3.0 Glitches
    1. The keyboard themes do not work.
    2. The status bar (The bar at the top with the battery life and time) at the top disappears going in and out of applications and settings.(This happens if you're using a theme)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

also, lockscreen themes (battery,wallpaper,etc.) dont show if you have StatusNotifier widget enabled

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beva922's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AznFool View Post
    1. The keyboard themes do not work.
    2. The status bar (The bar at the top with the battery life and time) at the top disappears going in and out of applications and settings.(This happens if you're using a theme)

Ive been using themes without a status bar glitch, mine never disappears.......
    >>**Please thank me if I helped you...**<<

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's weird, here's the status bar glitch, i recorded it. I am using Black Darkness.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VX1nyCLDYw]YouTube - Ipod touch Statusbar Glitch[/ame]

Thanks

hmm, that is weird, what theme you running/keep checking updates...usually updates clear up these small glitches. I wouldn't worry about it. But does it reappear?

ok i take it black darkness was the theme, never mind then didn't catch that. I'll in stall and see if it happens to me.
    Last edited by Beva922; 06-21-2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: mistake

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, it was fine when i was using firmware 2.2, but i just upgraded to 3.0 =/

Thanks

yea its the theme, just sit tight for an update....it does it on mine too, but im using glasklart just fine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Eh...now my weather icon doesn't display the weather on the icon. It just says "?" instead of the usual degrees.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am having the same problem with the Black darkness theme, it's my favorite and only theme that i like so i am trying to edit it to get it to work..

The problem seems to be with the Info.plist file, i removed the file from the theme and retested and it works just fine..

The only problem in having no info.plist file is that it defines some settings, like the fonts and colors of the fonts.. so my fonts are stock without it.. I am going to try and rebuild the info.plist file.. i'll let you know if it works.

SSH into the phone and navigate to /Library/Themes/ and copy black darkness.theme into your desktop and you can see all that the theme contains.

I figured out what the problem is.. it's the lines in the info.plist file referring to the status bar..

i am going to try modifying some values and see if any work.

Ok its the following line

<key>StatusBarMode</key>
    <string>1</string>

Unfortunately if you delete that it goes back to the stock status bar, but it won't disappear... Im going to keep trying.. if i don't post back then i couldn't fix it.

There was no work around for it.. It was the line StatusBarContentMode.. deleting it fixed the problem but removed the "custom" status bar icons and put back the stock ones which were too dark for the custom bar..

Changing the value made no difference..

I ended up just rebuilding the entire theme by changing the stock iphone icons with the black darkness.

I also did a little theme editing of my own and put the iElegance icons without the bottom reflection on the black darkness theme.. I really like it.. Now i have black darkness with ielegance modified icons..

And iElegance with font

This is a problem with winterboard and not the theme itself.. so just wait for a winterboard update.. the theme should work fine after winterboard is updated.
    Last edited by bandit_kaine; 06-21-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bandit_kaine For This Useful Post:

Beva922 (06-21-2009)

Thanks

good to pursue it, thanks for doing so. It's appreciated by the community.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AznFool View Post
    Eh...now my weather icon doesn't display the weather on the icon. It just says "?" instead of the usual degrees.
    same here

also my SMS icon never changes no matter what theme i choose.

Thanks

ok,not to sure if i should post somewere else,my question is,there is summerbooard and winterboard,wish one works,because i have tryed them bothe and i cant get it to work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timmay View Post
    same here

also my SMS icon never changes no matter what theme i choose.
    the sms prog is now call "Messages" so just change the icon in glaskart or whatever to that and it works...i had the same prob lol!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bandit_kaine View Post
    I am having the same problem with the Black darkness theme, it's my favorite and only theme that i like so i am trying to edit it to get it to work..

The problem seems to be with the Info.plist file, i removed the file from the theme and retested and it works just fine..

The only problem in having no info.plist file is that it defines some settings, like the fonts and colors of the fonts.. so my fonts are stock without it.. I am going to try and rebuild the info.plist file.. i'll let you know if it works.

SSH into the phone and navigate to /Library/Themes/ and copy black darkness.theme into your desktop and you can see all that the theme contains.

I figured out what the problem is.. it's the lines in the info.plist file referring to the status bar..

i am going to try modifying some values and see if any work.

Ok its the following line

<key>StatusBarMode</key>
    <string>1</string>

Unfortunately if you delete that it goes back to the stock status bar, but it won't disappear... Im going to keep trying.. if i don't post back then i couldn't fix it.

There was no work around for it.. It was the line StatusBarContentMode.. deleting it fixed the problem but removed the "custom" status bar icons and put back the stock ones which were too dark for the custom bar..

Changing the value made no difference..

I ended up just rebuilding the entire theme by changing the stock iphone icons with the black darkness.

I also did a little theme editing of my own and put the iElegance icons without the bottom reflection on the black darkness theme.. I really like it.. Now i have black darkness with ielegance modified icons..

And iElegance with font

This is a problem with winterboard and not the theme itself.. so just wait for a winterboard update.. the theme should work fine after winterboard is updated.
    Thats the problem. When will it be updated?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Has anyone figured out how to change the Keyboards and the SMS Background????? I was rebuilding my themes and ran into this problem when building. Keyboards and sms backgrounds must be in a new location or new name??? I would love some insight....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i know right.. Help. I figured out the chat bubbles go to com.apple,chatkit in the bundles folder and the loading screen can go in FOLDERS then ChatKit.Framework - But still missing a lot of fixes for SMS background and also the battery personalizations/

Apple must have created new strings that have messed up everything for us SSHers who love to mod the themes. SUCKS A BIG ONE!

Hope this helped some!

Thanks

This might be somewhat off topic...I am totally new to this. I found out what winscp was today and had only HEARD of openssh. I was able to fix my ugly green sms icon, but wanted to know how I could make the rest of my icons match the color scheme of my theme(s).

TIA!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotmommak View Post
    This might be somewhat off topic...I am totally new to this. I found out what winscp was today and had only HEARD of openssh. I was able to fix my ugly green sms icon, but wanted to know how I could make the rest of my icons match the color scheme of my theme(s).

TIA!
    Which icons are you talking about? the springboard app icons??

Thanks

I have sent a email to post the updated package of black darkness. I have fixed the StatusBar disappearing and the Landscape Calculator. Should be up as soon as poetic_folly has time to upload it to the server

sorry for the update taking a long time to come, been quite busy lately
    -----------------------------------------
    GatewayFX Desktop:
    Intel Core2 Quad 9300 @ 2.5 Ghz
    Nvidia 9800 GT Factory Overclocked
    Windows XP,Windows 7 RTM, Ubuntu 9.04, Bactrack 4 Pre-Final USB

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The disappearing status bar has to do with 3.0's problem with the info.plist file that is in many themes. Check to see if the theme that you are using has the info.plist file in the theme. If it does, try deleting it (save it somewhere first) then reapply the theme. Let me know if this works for you all as it did for me. I actually then took a info.plist file that worked properly, without the disappearing status bar effect, and plugged that into the other themes. Now, no more problems.