+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is this right or not even close?

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
I followed the How to create Themes with Winterboard tutorial, and downloaded the Bundles/UIImages/UIImages 2.0. I created my own Theme folder in WinSCP and put all the Bundles/UIImages into it,
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Is this right or not even close?
    I followed the How to create Themes with Winterboard tutorial, and downloaded the Bundles/UIImages/UIImages 2.0. I created my own Theme folder in WinSCP and put all the Bundles/UIImages into it, but now that I have created and correctly sized my Themes/Icons/Docks/Status bars. Do I just SSH with WinSCP and my iPod Touch 1G 8gb with 2.2.1 FW, and just open up Library and drag and drop my new Theme packages into there? I am not good at this as you most likely can tell, but if I am missing anything please let me know what I am doing wrong and what to do next. I watched many YouTube vids. and I use Paintnet which seems to be the easiest to use, but any help would be nice.

Thanks, TheCrow13
    Last edited by TheCrow13; 04-18-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

No you place it in the theme folder

iPhone? More like MyPhone D@D3CoUnTy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea place them in the the theme folder and everything will be alright. GL withe the theme =)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to D@D3CoUnTy For This Useful Post:

TheCrow13 (04-18-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks guys, I will let you know how it all turns out and hopefully it does! If I have any of other issues can I come to you and ask them?

I tried last night with no success, but I think today after thinking about it that I went too far? I created sub-folders inside my folder (My Themes), and created a Icons folder and inside that I created a sub-folder called Icons. Then the same for Docks/StatusBars/and the others, but I think I made it more difficult that it has to be right? Do I just take certain things and create a single package, then take that and just drag and drop into the folder I created (My Themes)? I don't know why I am having such problems but the Wallpaper works no problems, and I do have them all in png format. Also I heard that you have to put them into the Saurik folder or get rid of his folder all together? Sorry for sounding confusing, but I know it must be something simple I am missing.
    Last edited by TheCrow13; 04-19-2009 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost