+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Photoshop/Gimp/WinSCP & Themes/Icons on iPod Touch

is a discussion within the

WinterBoard

forums, a part of the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

section;
I know there are many tutorials on how to create Themes/Icons.etc., but I find that even though they are great. Can someone who is in the know or has created
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Photoshop/Gimp/WinSCP & Themes/Icons on iPod Touch
    I know there are many tutorials on how to create Themes/Icons.etc., but I find that even though they are great. Can someone who is in the know or has created their own Themes/Icons.etc., write out a more simplistic and detailed tutorial on how to create your own Themes/Icons.etc. for newbies to this process? I would love to create my own Themes/Icons. and share them with others, but I would like a more easy to read tutorial on how to do so. Maybe start off with what you use (Photoshop/Gimp or other) and how they work, then what folders exactly to create in WinSCP and how to transfer your creations in Photoshop/Gimp to WinSCP folders than to your iPod touch? I am not saying that any of the tutorials that already exist are not good, it is just that there are many members or owners to iPod touches and would like to create their own Themes/Icons.etc. and don't understand what folders to create and where to add them to in WinSCP and which program is the best to use Photoshop/Gimp? So if anyone has the ability to make this more easy to read or understand, that would be great. You know just a script on how to do for newbies, thanks for any help or even a PM would be great.

Thanks, TheCrow13

Thanks

ill make one tonight i might as well

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

eeetripl (04-14-2009), TheCrow13 (04-14-2009)

Thanks

Thanks buddy, I will appreciate it greatly and I am sure other newbies! I know I might have worded it wrong, but glad you understood. I just want to get into it and also share the ones I create like many others have, and with your help we all can get on the same road and make this site even better.

Thanks again, TheCrow13

Thanks

I'll chip in with a psd file that's useable in both PS and Paint.net (my choice and it's free!). You can use this as a basic template for making icons.

For some reason I can't upload it here so I put it up on RS.

PSD

6. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

TheCrow13 (04-14-2009)

Thanks

Thanks very much guys or gals, and I will check back tonight. Also have you heard of IrfanView and IrfanView Thumbnails, and should I use this? I was just bouncing around Youtube and found a vid. on how to use create simple Themes for Winterboard, but I will wait and see what you guys suggest to do.

Thanks!

Thanks

I've used IRfanview but just to edit pictures way back in the day. I've since used Paint.net for all my graphics needs.

Thanks

Him121213, when you do and no rush will you let me know where you have the finished tutorial either by PM or in this thread?

Thanks